Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New member in MA (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32583)

Mark Murphy 02-23-2021 07:52 PM

New member in MA

Hi everyone.

I have recently inherited a Parker GHE 12-gauge, and a couple of Parker Reproduction models (20-gauge & 28-gauge). My father, Mike Murphy, was an active member of this forum, and purchased more than a few firearms from other members on here. I've recently started reading Volume One of 'The Parker Story', and am looking forward to learning more about these works of art, and being part of this community in the years ahead.

Cheers!

Harold Lee Pickens 02-23-2021 08:42 PM

Welcome, Mark, you have a great bunch of Parkers to start out with.

bob lyons 02-23-2021 08:54 PM

Mark
I’m also a new member here and seems to be a great place.
I was lucky enough to have gone hunting with your dad on a few occasions and he will be missed.
‘ One of the Good Guys’
Sorry for your loss
Bob

Dean Romig 02-23-2021 09:30 PM

Hi Mark and another Welcome! to you. Where in MA are you from? I'm in Andover.

Russell E. Cleary 02-24-2021 07:30 AM

Mark:

I extend my condolences to you on the loss of your father.

As for guns you are retaining, I cannot think of any objects that embody the spirit of a friend or family member more than the fire-arms he valued, and with which he enjoyed many days of fellowship in the field, marsh, woods, or at the range.

You are lucky to have inherited the guns, and we are gratified that you appreciate them and have become a member.

Do consider posting photos of the guns in GENERAL PARKER or OTHER DOUBLES sections, and other fire-arms, such as rifles or hand-guns, in the OFF-TOPIC section. If so inclined, include any photos of your father with his guns.

Take a look in this Forum under NON-PGCA SHOOTING EVENTS, SHOWS, AND CONVENTIONS, and you will see an event in Rhode Island scheduled for March 28th that you could attend and meet some of us and shoot sporting clays and 5-stand.

Mark Murphy 02-24-2021 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 326890)
Hi Mark and another Welcome! to you. Where in MA are you from? I'm in Andover.

Hi Dean.

I'm in Somerville.

Mark Murphy 02-24-2021 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell E. Cleary (Post 326908)
Mark:

I extend my condolences to you on the loss of your father.

As for guns you are retaining, I cannot think of any objects that embody the spirit of a friend or family member more than the fire-arms he valued, and with which he enjoyed many days of fellowship in the field, marsh, woods, or at the range.

You are lucky to have inherited the guns, and we are gratified that you appreciate them and have become a member.

Do consider posting photos of the guns in GENERAL PARKER or OTHER DOUBLES sections, and other fire-arms, such as rifles or hand-guns, in the OFF-TOPIC section. If so inclined, include any photos of your father with his guns.

Take a look in this Forum under NON-PGCA SHOOTING EVENTS, SHOWS, AND CONVENTIONS, and you will see an event in Rhode Island scheduled for March 28th that you could attend and meet some of us and shoot sporting clays and 5-stand.

Thanks for the warm welcome, and all of the helpful advice. I'll post some photos as soon as I can.

Best regards.

Dean Romig 02-24-2021 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Murphy (Post 326917)
Hi Dean.

I'm in Somerville.

Just about 15 miles away - Nice!

Mark Murphy 02-24-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 326920)
Just about 15 miles away - Nice!

Where do you shoot, if you don't mind me asking? I belong to Mass Rifle in Woburn, and Harvard Sportsmens Club out in Littleton...neither of which have great facilities for shotgun activities. I've been thinking about joining Minuteman up in Burlington sometime later this year.

Daniel Carter 02-24-2021 09:12 AM

Welcome Mark. I do not know what the travel time for you to Foxboro would be but i am a member of Independent Sportsmans club near the stadium. We have 2 trap fields 3 skeet- 1 modern skeet a 5 stand and sporting clays. You can look up our website. It is a welcoming place, not crowded and more and more double guns converts. I would be happy to meet you and show you around if you are interested.