Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Single Barrel Trap Shotguns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   New SBT (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26673)

Paul Harm 03-02-2019 05:02 PM

New SBT

Just bought my first one off Gunsinternational. It looked real nice and got a real good price. With my back and leg problem it looks like trap will be fun with the help of a bar stool. I use to shoot it back in the 70s, so it's been a while. I'll report back after I shoot it. Kind a wanted one for the last 10 years or so. I hope to be a happy camper this next week.

Bill Murphy 03-02-2019 06:32 PM

Give us a hint, maybe some pictures or some specs. All of us should own a single barrel trap, the most underrated Parker out there.

Paul Harm 03-04-2019 11:32 AM

I'm not much for pictures, not knowing how to post them on this site. Some just allow you to hit attachments box and post them. It's already been sent so I should have it this week.

Eric Eis 03-04-2019 04:05 PM

Don't worry Paul, Bill hasn't figured out how to post pictures either :rotf:

Paul Harm 03-04-2019 06:50 PM

rich - :cheers:

Paul Harm 03-09-2019 03:54 PM

Pretty nice gun. Stock and receiver are excellent but the barrel has some spots where rust was starting but now blue. I didn't even notice them at first. It has .030 choke, or full. It shot better than me. I haven't shot trap in years and I'm all over the place. My timing is also way off. I should be able to improve with the warmer weather starting to show up. I'm very satisfied with my purchase and most the guys think I got a steal.

Paul Harm 03-28-2019 11:45 AM

I left the barrel with a local man who supposedly knows how to rust blue. He's been doing it for years. Hope to get it back in time for the SxS shoot - May 11th. I'll have info out on it shortly.

Jeff Christie 03-29-2019 10:29 PM

I agree with Bill. SBTs are certainly the most underrated Parker. And in all likelihood the most used Parker of those who own them. I’m certain that I shoot ten to fifteen times the shells thru my SC as I do in all my others. I suspect that the few SAs and above lurk around safes but the C’ s and B’s get to the range all season long. Heck, every now and then I think it would be fun to try it on turkey.

Paul Harm 06-01-2019 01:28 PM

Well, finally got to shoot it yesterday. Shot just some straight aways to see how high it shoots. I'm at a lost. When shooting anything else I do a maintain lead. I shoot gun down, look ahead of the bird as I mount the gun and shoot shortly after the gun is mounted. So, at trap it's premounted holding on the trap house and pull the trigger as I swing through the bird. I don't really see a lead, it all happens too fast. I just have to shoot some more. Anyways, it breaks birds just fine even with the 3/4oz loads I use. Tried a couple at 25yds - good breaks, and at 27 - well, the jury is still out. Had a couple of good breaks, but missed quite a few. Not sure if it's the light loads or just me. Probably me.
I'm not sure, but it might be possible the stock and forearm are replacements. They look correct, but you could see a slim sliver of light in about a 1" section near the top on the side of the gun between the receiver and stock. A little Aurcaglass fixed that. It appears the distance on the forearm between the release lever and the hardware on the inside are a bit too far apart. Numerous times when taking the forearm and barrel off I had to take out the two screws holding the release lever, pull it out and rotate the locking block around so it would re-engage the release lever. I'm going to have to look at it a bit more before I do anything. Over all I'm quite happy with the gun, and real happy with the price. It's been 40 years since I shot trap - looking for my first again straight.
Oh ya, the barrel looks just fine. The guy did a good job. I'm not sure how shinny the barrel should be. Mine is just plain black - no shin. When I gave it to him the bluing was more like a modern barrel.

Jeff Christie 06-01-2019 08:27 PM

Post some photos. Worth a thousand words. Glad you are having fun with it. Shoot the #$% out of it. They are great fun.