Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pheasant Fest Schaumburg Ill (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26579)

Bruce Day 02-20-2019 08:00 AM

Pheasant Fest Schaumburg Ill

This weekend at the Schaumburg Convention Center , over 30,000 expected.
We will be there on the second floor with an exhibition of 40-50 Parkers . The Lefever Arms Collectors will be next to us. Lots of dogs, guns, outdoor stuff, resorts, hunt clubs, etc.

It’s the first time in Illinois. Usually mayors , governors, senators and various politicians come to see and be seen.

Brian Dudley 02-20-2019 08:50 AM

The Lefever Arms Collectors had to cancel their trip.

Randy G Roberts 02-20-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 266465)
The Lefever Arms Collectors had to cancel their trip.

Sorry to hear that. This will be my first one of these, looking forward to it. Any members planning on attending ?

Bruce Day 02-20-2019 09:12 AM

We had an Optimus grade and two E’s we were going to bring for them. Oh well.

Thanks for telling us Brian. We were trying to help them out

Dean H Hanson 02-20-2019 09:40 AM

Coming down from Madison to help out and meet some great people. I plan on bringing my latest aquistion, a lifter hammer 20...

Brian Dudley 02-20-2019 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Day (Post 266468)
We had an Optimus grade and two E’s we were going to bring for them. Oh well.

Thanks for telling us Brian. We were trying to help them out

Thank you for that Bruce. It is appreciated. It is just one of those things.

George Davis 02-20-2019 10:22 AM

If any Illinois Politicians are going to visit the booth be I would suggest you have extra security. I believe the 2 of 3 previous governors are making license plates in the state penitentiary system joining several state congressmen and local officials.
Being born and raised in central Illinois it is embarrassing to observe and read about the sad state of affairs the politicians have placed the state.

Garth Gustafson 02-20-2019 10:34 AM

Looking forward to the event and meeting you guys. I’ll add my VH and GH to the rack.

Bruce Day 02-20-2019 10:41 AM

We have many Illinois refugees at the Lake of the Ozarks. We even have some California refugees. We believe in diversity.

The local high school has a trap shoot in its parking lot. But I understand that young people in the Chicago area have no opportunity to shoot guns.

Steve Cambria 02-20-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Day (Post 266485)
But I understand that young people in the Chicago area have no opportunity to shoot guns.

From the news reports this past summer, it sounded like Chicago's youth (south side??) had way too much opportunity, though I have a hunch their barrels weren't stamped "Parker Brothers."