Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Show us your bird mounts.... (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27071)

Ken Descovich 04-14-2019 06:25 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Here are a few from years ago when I was a youngster

Kenny Graft 04-14-2019 06:53 PM

Birddogdoc...your grouse looks ticked off, like you were spying on him drumming or something. (-:

Chad Hefflinger 04-14-2019 08:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few, my DD Milo (God rest his sole) ate some of my better ones when he was a puppy.

Mark Ray 04-14-2019 10:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Latest, ringneck duck

Craig Larter 04-15-2019 06:54 AM

2 Attachment(s)
The Sharptail is the first I ever shot in ND over my Lab Tessie. I can still visualize the flush, shot and retriever. The Woodie came from our marsh, a year in which we had hundreds stay right up to a hard freeze. Retrieved by Lab Lucy her first year hunting.

MARK KIRCHER 04-15-2019 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My first double on Mearns quail. 2014. His and Hers on a crosser left to right. him first. Taken with "Connie" my 1902 DH 20 bore 28" DT splinter 0 frame (current cover photo with bobwhites). Remember it like it was yesterday!:)

Dean Romig 04-15-2019 09:58 AM

3 Attachment(s)
The luckiest shot I ever made on a grouse was this one. I asked Scott Kittredge to mount it for me and he did a really nice job.

Before and after pics. Taken with Rr. Admiral Thomas Perry's 20 gauge 28" Damascus DH.

I was hunting with Cam and my brother-in-law, Jamie. Jamie was out of sight in the alders over a rise from me when I heard two shots and a loud 'expletive' and this grouse came up out of the alders with its afterburners on at about 35 - 40 yards and high. I naturally swung on the bird and touched the rear trigger and the bird folded and plummeted.

Scott told me there were no pellet holes in the bird but there was a sharp bruise at the base of its skull. A lucky shot to be sure!

Just like a little chip off a clay target.... I'll take it!

Stephen Hodges 04-15-2019 08:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
New Hampshire woods bird, 23 Lbs, before and after:)

Mills Morrison 04-15-2019 08:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Snipe

Mark Ray 04-15-2019 10:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 271688)
Snipe

My second favorite bird to hunt. My Dad used to say you have to shoot snipe “between the squawk and the poop”! Those that have not been out shooting this unusual little bird should know that Snipe are truly invisible on the ground...when they flush, they make a little croaky squawky sound and climb straight up, at Apollo V vertical speed, to a height usually about 25’, then shed weight by pooping at the apex, before taking off at millemium falcon hyper-drive speed, changing course about every 3 feet, up, down, left and right...

What a great bird, I think I will get one mounted next season!