Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   I pulled a Mills today ! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26122)

CraigThompson 01-03-2019 12:41 AM

I pulled a Mills today !

I was watching a somewhat abused Grade 2 12 gauge top lever on GB today and I ended up buying it . Shortly thereafter I made a guy an offer on another on GB and low and behold I got that one as well . Both 30” both on #2 frames both Grade 2’s . The first one will need a bit of work the second one hopefully not so much .

Mills Morrison 01-03-2019 09:05 AM

Good job!

Randy G Roberts 01-03-2019 09:09 AM

That's the correct method of ringing in the new year. :cheers:

Mills Morrison 01-03-2019 10:35 AM

I think I know the two as well. That one with the stock repair sure has beautiful wood, if not for the repair. Maybe someone can undo the repair. The other one looks like a fine gun and I bet will look better than the pictures when you get it.

Mark Ray 01-03-2019 01:01 PM

almost popped on the one with the wrist repair...because of the wood, and the half pistol......About the best 0 grade Parker wood ive seen!

CraigThompson 01-03-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Ray (Post 261998)
almost popped on the one with the wrist repair...because of the wood, and the half pistol......About the best 0 grade Parker wood ive seen!

While the repair was done a long time ago I’m quite curious to see the serial number that’s stamped in the wood under the trigger guard because I’m not 100% confident that the woods original . The guns represented as a Grade 2 . The engraving what you can see of it in the pics seems correct , but even for a Grade 2 the wood is highly figured .

Mills Morrison 01-03-2019 02:06 PM

Grade 2 wood can vary from plain to quite good, but that is the highest quality I have ever seen on one. People who have been in the field longer than I have might have seen better. I wonder what the records say and if upgraded wood might have been specially ordered?

CraigThompson 01-03-2019 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 262003)
Grade 2 wood can vary from plain to quite good, but that is the highest quality I have ever seen on one. People who have been in the field longer than I have might have seen better. I wonder what the records say and if upgraded wood might have been specially ordered?

Generally if the number is stamped under the guard I’m satisfied , but this one even if the number in the wood is correct I may spend the $42 .

Mills Morrison 01-03-2019 07:22 PM

I got a letter on my recent 4 frame and it was ordered by Carlos Gove, famous gun maker from Colorado. Was apparently the only Parker he ordered so probably his personal gun.

Gary Carmichael Sr 01-04-2019 10:49 AM

Now is the time to buy that Parker you always wanted! buying and selling Parker guns is cyclical like every thing else! Gary