Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   3 Devils Dilemma at the Vanderbilt Marsh (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=3248)

MARK KIRCHER 01-11-2011 12:27 PM

3 Devils Dilemma at the Vanderbilt Marsh

1 Attachment(s)
My 2 year old Drathaar with My 16 Ga PHE and some late season flight ducks including a banded Mallard. How much longer until duck hunting starts?

charlie cleveland 01-11-2011 07:37 PM

beautiful scene....watched 7 wood ducks get off a pond as i rode by on 4 wheeler this afternoon...wish i would have my parker 10 instead of that old 270 rem...thanks for letting us deer hunters see yourhunt..nice dog looks like hes ready to get another duck... charlie

E Robert Fabian 01-11-2011 10:56 PM

Mark, I made a deposit on my first Deutsch Drahthaar can't wait till April.
Where did you get yours ?
Bob

MARK KIRCHER 01-12-2011 06:51 AM

Bob -
3 Devils Kennel in Idaho
Good People - Great dog - I am lucky to have her. We call her Emma.
Where is your pup coming from?

E Robert Fabian 01-12-2011 07:44 AM

Vom Wildflugel kennel in Nebraska, I made a trip out to the sand hills this Dec. for a Mulley hunt and stopped in to Jill's kennel.
Recommend your picture for Parker of the month.
Bob

MARK KIRCHER 01-12-2011 07:55 AM

Thanks Bob. It is a beautiful picture - Taken with a droid 2 cell phone - hard to believe. My wife had it blown up and framed for my Christmas gift this year. Looks great in my gun room.
I miss the Marsh.

Fred Lowe 01-16-2011 11:59 PM

Nice pic Mark. I got my first Drathaar in 1980 when I got out of the service. By the time I was done I had 11 of them, great dogs. These days I have 4 Setters. Your photo takes me back, the marsh looks nice. You,re a good photographer. Are you in Idaho?

MARK KIRCHER 01-17-2011 07:28 AM

Fred - Thanks for the kind words. 11 Drats - You are a lucky man! I am fortunate to have this one. She is coming into her own now. I think she will be a great retriever soon. She is already a great companion to myself and (more importantly) my wife and daughter.

This picture is not set up at all. It is just a shot of a moment during a duck hunt at the Vanderbilt Marsh - located about 1 mile north of Montezuma National Wildlife refuge in Upstate New York - The shot was taken with my cell phone. I saw her sitting at attention watching ducks in the distance and I just laid down my Parker and took 4 pictures of the scene. I like the one I posted the best.
Glad you enjoyed it. My avatar is a shot of us coming in from the hunt on the same day. I like that one almost as much.

E Robert Fabian 01-17-2011 01:15 PM

Mark I hunted deer in the Pulaski area for a few years, Tug Hill area, we saw thousands of geese every year and have always wanted to hunt them.

Bill Murphy 01-17-2011 05:05 PM

My Wirehair, Eva, enjoyed the picture very much.