Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   "DUNN'S TRIED AND TRUE" WINS THE ALL AGE NATIONALS AT AMES PLANTATION (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26588)

chuck brunner 02-20-2019 09:20 PM

"DUNN'S TRIED AND TRUE" WINS THE ALL AGE NATIONALS AT AMES PLANTATION

Parker Friends

CONGRATULATIONS TO WILL AND RITA DUNN AND TO HANDLER LUKE EISENHART WITH " DUNNS TRIED AND TRUE" FOR WINNING THE 2019 NATIONAL BIRD DOG CHAMPIONSHIP AT AMES PLANTATION. TRACI AND I WOULD LIKE TO EXTEND A CONGRATULATIONS TO LUKE EISENHART, TOMMY DAVIS AND THEIR FAMILY'S FOR A WONDERFUL JOB OF HANDLING. WE WERE BLESSED TO BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE HALL OF FAME DINNER AND SPEND TIME WITH OUR FRIENDS HALL OF FAME LEGEND "JOHN REX GATES " AND HIS LOVELY WIFE DIANNE GATES. LUKE IS A GRANDSON OF THE GREAT GERALD TRACY AND NEPHEW OF HALL OF FAMER GEORGE TRACY AND COUSIN OF ANOTHER GREAT HANDLER AND FUTURE HALL OF FAMER MIKE TRACY. THE FIELD THIS YEAR CONTAINED TWO PAST NATIONAL CHAMPIONS " 2 TIME WINNER 'LESTERS SUNNYHILL JO" AND "WHIPPORWILL JUSTIFIED" . WE RODE THE BRACES IN RAIN AND MUD AND IT WAS A TRUE TEST OF DOG AND HANDLER. WHAT A GREAT STORY FOR THE DUNN'S , EISENHART'S AND TOMMY!
CONGRATULATIONS WILL, RITA, LUKE AND TOMMY FROM GREENES GUNS AND CHUCK AND TRACI BRUNNER !!!!!!! SEE YOU NEXT YEAR AT THE PORTRAIT UNVEILING!

chuck brunner 02-20-2019 09:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Pic of "Jack" " Dunns Tried and True " on the famed green steps of Ames

chuck brunner 02-20-2019 09:27 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Man

chuck brunner 02-20-2019 09:28 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Yours truly, John Rex and my Father in law OG Greene in front of Johns statue at the Hall of fame

chuck brunner 02-20-2019 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
last years winner
Gary Lesters
"Lesters Sunnyhill Jo"
unveiling at the hall of fame dinner
Attachment 70172

Dean Romig 02-21-2019 07:31 AM

A magnificent dog. Congratulations!

Bob Jurewicz 02-21-2019 08:56 AM

Mr. Rex probably went "Head to Head" with competitors I knew like Earl Crangle, Bob Wehle (Elhew Kennels), Bill McFadden, etc..
Bob Jurewicz

Garry L Gordon 03-03-2019 12:14 PM

Chuck,

Can I assume that the Dunns are descendants of Wilson Dunn? Many years ago when the National Bird Dog Museum had just opened, my wife and I stopped in and were fortunate enough to get the grand tour from Mr. Wilson Dunn. What a gentleman!

Thanks for posting these photos. Even a lifetime owner of Gordon Setters tips his hat to the winners at Grand Junction.

chuck brunner 03-03-2019 12:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Gary
Yes
Will is his grandson and the old Dunn's Supply was a have to when you visited Grand Junction. Wilson was deeply tied to the Bird dog world and was from the era of Nash Buckinham. He lived until 92 and was at Ames every year. Cabelas owns the Dunn's name now. Great old family name that is tied to fantastic dogs and great people. There is no place quite like the Hall of fame or the "old green steps". If you are a sporting dog owner you owe it to yourself to visit the museum. All sporting breeds are represented and their are some great photos of "Buck" and some of the other gentleman of a bye gone era. What a place...What a sport.
Buck, Dr. Benton King and Hobart Ames

chuck brunner 03-03-2019 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Wilson Dunn with one of his new prospects......