Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2019 Annual Meeting (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27063)

Mike Koneski 05-17-2019 06:15 PM

Wherever you guys stay in NY, DO NOT TAKE HANDGUNS ON YOUR PERSON!! NY gun laws are a$$. A NY resident has to get a LTC permit from a judge. NY recognizes no reciprocity. Not to mention if you do have a handgun with a mag that holds more than 7 rounds, you are a felon. NY, NJ and MD are all anti-gun governments. But, outside of Philly, PA welcomes you and ALL of your firearms!!

Tom Pellegrini 05-17-2019 07:04 PM

As much as New York hates guns. I can't imagine why anyone would want to spend their money for a hotel room there.

Frank Srebro 06-03-2019 10:06 PM

Just a few words to those who are licensed in their state and travel to shoots and events with a handgun. Adding to Mike's post: Last week I talked with a PA resident friend who has a PA LTC. We're near the NYS line and he planned to visit a client across the border near Vestal NY. While driving there he remembered his 380 auto was in the vehicle. Knowing the NYS gun laws ….. he pulled over in PA, disassembled the handgun and stashed its receiver in the woods, retrieving when he returned to PA. Smart expedient.

Jerry Harlow 06-03-2019 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Koneski (Post 274045)
Wherever you guys stay in NY, DO NOT TAKE HANDGUNS ON YOUR PERSON!! NY gun laws are a$$. A NY resident has to get a LTC permit from a judge. NY recognizes no reciprocity. Not to mention if you do have a handgun with a mag that holds more than 7 rounds, you are a felon. NY, NJ and MD are all anti-gun governments. But, outside of Philly, PA welcomes you and ALL of your firearms!!

Idiot Guv Ralph "Blackface" "Infanticide" Northram shares VA concealed carry permit information with MD police so anyone who travels there can have their plate information run and vehicle pulled over and suffer the consequences of having a concealed weapon without a permit in Maryland.

States that will honor a Maryland handgun permit
states

Resident Permits
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin

Non-Resident Permits
Alabama, Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Mississippi, Missouri, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, Wisconsin
Handgun permits Maryland will honor 0 states.

Maryland will not honor any other states handgun permits

Mills Morrison 06-04-2019 10:30 AM

It is still God's country down here, although we have some "agitators" looking to change that.

Bill Murphy 06-04-2019 12:10 PM

When staying in Vestal, NEW YORK, I have never taken any more than fifty guns into my room at night, and I have never carted more than fifty guns to my truck in the morning. The hotel people in Vestal are very nice.

Mike Franzen 06-04-2019 12:51 PM

Yes Bill you are right. The people at venue where we are having our banquet are excited about having us and are looking forward to seeing the fine gun displays.

Bill Murphy 06-04-2019 04:33 PM

Getting back to the "ANNUAL MEETING" subject, how many miles is it from Hausemann's Hidden Hollow to the venue in Johnson City where the annual meeting will be held? I'll be waiting for the reply .

Brian Dudley 06-04-2019 04:54 PM

Johnson City is basically right next to Vestal. So, if you are familiar with Vestal, then you know what the distance is. Or... there is always mapquest...

James L. Martin 06-27-2019 03:35 PM

Just saw on vintages.org that the no firearms policy at Candlewood Suites in Vestal, N.Y. has been waived for the Vintagers Shoot.