Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   New Years Day Shoot - Barrington NH - Major Waldrons (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=14982)

Mike Koneski 01-01-2015 11:54 AM

Is that Nanook Romig???? :rotf: Now that's funny!

Pete Lester 01-01-2015 04:02 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Well 2015 was rung in today with some Parker's, and Elsie and Lefever or two. In attendance; Scott Kittredge, Dean Romig, Bill Janelle, Herb Hewlett, Allan Mclane, Robin Lewis, Rick Weik, Glenn Watts, Frank Cronin, Dave Suponski and myself. We were joined by some other non PGCA double gun shooters and a handful of club regulars in the morning. Temperatures were in the high teens when we started and just enough wind to make the skeet targets jump and dive at the wrong time. We shot both trap and skeet, on the trap range we suffered through Frank's booming BP loads out of his 5 frame 10 ga. Six of us shot a 10 backing up a 12 ga protection. I think Frank and Dean were the winning team but they could not keep count at each station and they shot at 30+ targets which sort of gave them an advantage. We all enjoyed some Billy Chili at lunch time as Bill brought a big slow cooker full of Venison Chili for all of us and Herb treated us to donuts in the AM.

Pictured are Frank Cronin and Dean Romig on the Skeet Field.

Rick Losey 01-01-2015 04:05 PM

Was it windy enough to blow Dean's hat off?

Dean Romig 01-01-2015 04:07 PM

I remember that! I couldn't believe I missed that bird.... my only miss of the day as you can see by my expression of incredulity..... :eek:

Rick, I didn't wear a hat all day... that I remember.

Pete Lester 01-01-2015 04:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Pictured are Scott Kittredge on the skeet field and Dave Suponski sitting on a bench taking a break between stations.

Dean Romig 01-01-2015 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Lester (Post 154753)
Pictured is Dave Suponski sitting on a bench taking a break between stations.

:biglaugh::rotf::biglaugh::rotf::biglaugh:

:whistle:

Pete Lester 01-01-2015 04:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Everyone watching Dave shoot station 4 on the skeet field, Robin Lewis talking with Dave, Frank Cronin unloading lead and black powder on the trap field.

Pete Lester 01-01-2015 04:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Rick Weik shooting his SC at trap, Dave Suponki's VHE Double Trap in the gun rack and Bill Janelle getting mean about breaking birds.

scott kittredge 01-01-2015 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Lester (Post 154753)
Pictured are Scott Kittredge on the skeet field and Dave Suponski sitting on a bench taking a break between stations.

Dave when you are sitting, please cross your legs! Don't give it away for free. :shock:

Pete Lester 01-01-2015 04:17 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Scott K. shooting trap, Robin, Dean and Herb chatting in the club house, Frank increasing his carbon footprint with every shot and the only thing missing in the back of Scott's truck was a sign that said Yard Sale.