Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   PR single trigger vs Winchester model 21 reliability (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32390)

bruce willis 02-03-2021 09:47 AM

PR single trigger vs Winchester model 21 reliability

I’m interested in another PR. It’s a 2 barrel set but with single trigger. My 20 DHE has a single trigger that doubled a few times. The recoil was tremendous and it almost jumped out of my hands. Scary! Got it cleaned by Dale Tate a few years ago but I’ve always been wary it it since. Never had a problem with SKBs, Superposed, BSS, etc.. was wondering if the Winchester model 21 single trigger is more reliable or is that s a case by case basis for each gun...?

James L. Martin 02-03-2021 11:03 AM

I have been shooting m-21's for 40 years many with single triggers and never had a trigger problem with any of them.

Tom Jay 02-03-2021 11:26 AM

Have 3 PR's and 3 M21's all with single triggers. All get shot regularly and have never had a problem with any of them. Saying that, they are all on a 5-7 year cleaning cycle with my local gunsmith.

bruce willis 02-03-2021 05:29 PM

Thanks for the information. It’s a good idea to have the triggers serviced.

Kevin McCormack 02-03-2021 08:22 PM

I would rate the M21 single trigger as on a par with the very best of the single triggers, PROVIDED IT HAS NOT BEEN MESSED WITH, to include the Boss, Miller, and Kautzky. I have never owned one, but know a number of M21 fans as references (a person I met about 7 years ago owns 63 M21s, approx. 40 of which have STs. He shoots them regularly without a complaint). Again, the operative phrase is, "NOT MESSED WITH"!

John Dallas 02-03-2021 08:33 PM

My two have worked flawlessly, but granted, they don't get as much exercise as my K80, 3200's or DHE

bruce willis 02-03-2021 09:31 PM

I appreciate the information. I get it. I’m not used to buying a firearm through a dealer displaying his guns on a internet web site and not being able to see and examine it for problems and defects. I know they should have a 3 day inspection period but it’s like buying a car without a test drive. I would hope good dealers would be honest about their products but of course some are unfortunately less than honest.

Tom Flanigan 02-05-2021 09:47 AM

I have a Holland and Holland 28 bore that was ordered with a single trigger, unfortunately. I don't believe that a single trigger belongs on a London gun. I had probems with it and took it to a Maryland gunsmith years ago. I haven't had any problems since. It's had a lot of use as a fun Trap gun shooting low gun and is one of my grouse guns.

Ryan Brege 02-07-2021 06:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bruce willis (Post 324403)
I’m interested in another PR. It’s a 2 barrel set but with single trigger. My 20 DHE has a single trigger that doubled a few times. The recoil was tremendous and it almost jumped out of my hands. Scary! Got it cleaned by Dale Tate a few years ago but I’ve always been wary it it since. Never had a problem with SKBs, Superposed, BSS, etc.. was wondering if the Winchester model 21 single trigger is more reliable or is that s a case by case basis for each gun...?

I recently had the same problem. I did a little research and discovered that one of the most likely causes of this is not positively moving the barrel selector to one or the other. I checked closely and it appears that is what my issue resulted from. Food for thought.

Ryan