Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Website & Forum - Help & Assistance (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   PGCA Member GEO map feature (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23109)

Robin Lewis 01-07-2018 03:40 PM

PGCA Member GEO map feature

There is a new PGCA web site addition I would like to point out to the PGCA members. Take a look at the "Membership" link found at the top of the link list on the left side of our home page. About half way down the Membership page is a GEO map of our PGCA membership. Click on it and check it out:corn: Read the text around it for info on how to use it.:shock:

Dave Tatman 01-07-2018 03:49 PM

This is very cool! I have already located a member here in my hometown that I didn't know, and there is also one member near our home on an island in Washington State. What a great feature.

Now if I can just locate that membership roster around here somewhere, I would then know their names..... :rotf:

Thanks for pointing this out, Robin!

Dave

Bob Brown 01-07-2018 05:53 PM

We Canadians need to go on a membership drive! We're way under represented. Hard to believe that basically from Detroit west to the Rocky Mountains through some of the best bird hunting in the world we only have 3 members. And only a dozen in the entire country? Cool mapping feature though.

Dean Romig 01-07-2018 06:19 PM

Robin, you continue to impress us with your innovations to benefit PGCA members.

Dave Suponski 01-07-2018 06:24 PM

Robin, Very well done! This should be a great feature for the membership. Thanks for doing such a fine job.

George M. Purtill 01-08-2018 08:43 AM

Thanks Robin
Didn't know there were members on Cape Cod. And Nantucket!!

John Dunkle 01-08-2018 11:08 AM

This is simply outstanding! Well done Robin!!

Garry L Gordon 01-20-2018 10:00 AM

Robin,

Thanks so much for your good work!

keavin nelson 07-10-2018 11:31 AM

Robin,
The map works very nice. As I understand it, the only way to identify who the actual member is tied to the membership number would be to go to the Roster that is sent out. Unfortunately it is listed alphabetically, so unless the list is available digitally, allowing the user to sort by member number order, it is a tedious task to locate the member identity.
Any hints here, have I missed something?:confused:

Robin Lewis 07-10-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keavin nelson (Post 247958)
Robin,
The map works very nice. As I understand it, the only way to identify who the actual member is tied to the membership number would be to go to the Roster that is sent out. Unfortunately it is listed alphabetically, so unless the list is available digitally, allowing the user to sort by member number order, it is a tedious task to locate the member identity.
Any hints here, have I missed something?:confused:

No, you didn't miss anything, sorry. But, since I joined the privacy of who owns and where they live is a touchy issue. Given that I didn't want to upset that I did the best I could with what I had.

Sorry.
Robin