Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Maine State Trap Shoot Cancelled (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30183)

Pete Lester 05-11-2020 09:12 AM

Maine State Trap Shoot Cancelled

The virus is really taking a toll. It was announced this morning that Maine trapshooting officials have cancelled their state championship which is normally held in August and was rescheduled to September 11-13 due to Covid. I wonder what other states will do and what the status of the Grand American is.

Greetings Shooters,

Back in February of this year, the Maine Trapshooting Association along with the members of the Scarborough Fish & Game Trapshooting Committee formed a State Shoot Planning Committee comprised of 25 members, including a Ph.D. in immunology. Our mandate was to capture a better understanding of the health and safety risks pertaining to the COVID-19 novel coronavirus, as well as the actions that would be required in accordance with CDC and State guidelines to mitigate such risks.

We took several steps to collect objective information outside of our committee, including an online survey sent to 204 past State Shoot participants to obtain their feedback and concerns, while also continuously monitoring COVID-19 infection rates in the Northeast and updates from the Maine CDC.

After 8 weeks of deliberate study and discussion of the known health risks associated with COVID-19, including the possibility of a second strain of this virus in the Fall, along with the lack of an approved vaccine, our committee unanimously decided to cancel the 2020 Maine State shoot to ensure the health and safety of our trapshooting participants, volunteers, workers, and their families.

While we are extremely disappointed in not being able to host a State Shoot in 2020, we are simply unwilling to risk your health and safety during these uncertain times.

Please stay healthy and we look forward to seeing you at the Maine State Shoot in 2021!

Best,
David Japhet
MTA President

John Davis 05-12-2020 06:23 AM

Both Georgia and Alabama have rescheduled the state shoots for the middle of July. Alabama will hold their's in conjunction with the Southern Zone shoot. North Carolina is on schedule for the middle of June. The ATA says there will be a Grand American this year. They are working on alternate sites if the Illinois DNR won't let them do it in Sparta. We'll see.

Mills Morrison 05-12-2020 10:36 AM

The whole thing really stinks. I hope Old Hudson keeps their shoot in June.

CraigThompson 05-18-2020 02:09 PM

The Virginia State ATA shoot is always the 4th of July weekend I dunno if they’ve rescheduled or cancelled but I would anticipate a change .