Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Many hours later... (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26315)

charlie cleveland 04-01-2022 02:18 PM

now that's a beauty....charlie

Brian Dudley 04-15-2022 09:52 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is another photo of the frame from the side. I was visiting Geoffroy yesterday briefly when I was in his area to drop off some other work. I had the chance to see the completed frame in person. It is fantastic! He is working on the small parts now.

Attachment 106138

Daniel Carter 04-15-2022 10:38 AM

I am in awe of the creativity, design and artistry involved in the creation of something like this.The ability to conceive and execute this is an under appreciated art which in my opinion is equal or more difficult to anything on canvas.

Ken Hill 04-15-2022 09:44 PM

Brian,

Are you going to case color or French grey the frame. The engraving looks fantastic!

Ken

Brian Dudley 04-15-2022 09:46 PM

Case color. I really do not care for French gray.

Stan Hillis 04-16-2022 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 356978)
Not if asked not to. I have seen him put his signature under the safety button before. So it is on the work, but not visible.

He also doesn't sign very small works he does that he said might be copied by another, for obvious reasons. I once asked him to engrave the pommel, shield and bolsters on a damascus knife I had. He enthusiastically agreed and started work on it then and there. I asked him if he would put his initials somewhere on it and he declined, with the above explanation. The shield came loose from the tapping of the hammer and he had to take it home to repair and finish the job. When I received it a couple weeks later it was accompanied with a note to look for his initials. He had a change of heart and initialed it for me, and I was thrilled.

He is as much a gentleman as he is a master at his craft.

Great job so far, Brian. Can't wait to see it after the cch is done. Is Turnbull going to do that, and will he also do the hard fitting afterwards, or will you?

Brian Dudley 04-16-2022 08:44 AM

I have never had to deal with any hard fitting with turnbulls cch. Things just go together.

Carl Marion 04-16-2022 03:46 PM

Stock of a 16 guage Parker

5 Attachment(s)
I have a reproduction question. The stock on my Parker 16 guage, VH, 0, serial number 174,124, Vulcan steel is in excellent shape. The pics attached show the condition. Does this matter if not the original?

Brian Dudley 04-16-2022 04:08 PM

You should start your own thread on the topic instead of bombing in on other peoples.

Brian Dudley 04-18-2022 08:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I absolutely LOVE the little leaf details around the middle screw holes on the buttplate.

Attachment 106237