Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   the unofficial pachmayr upgrade thread (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20781)

Bill Murphy 12-30-2017 05:45 PM

Dave, no sign of that gun on the website. Where can we find out the details?

bob kuczynski 01-06-2018 10:20 AM

wow...ok, values of pach guns is for the most part unknown. hmmm. looks like a good collectors niche to study!

Brian Dudley 01-06-2018 11:15 AM

They are custom guns of varying quality from gun to gun. They are worth what someone will pay. Period.

bob kuczynski 01-06-2018 11:33 AM

if that's the case, no one would be discussing costs on this website for any parker. they all are what someones willing to pay.
'willing' is future tense. im looking for past tense.
point im looking for is....what are some prices people have gotten or saw out there in the world, currently.
its a fair and legit question. follow me? thanks.

Brian Dudley 01-06-2018 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob kuczynski (Post 232230)
if that's the case, no one would be discussing costs on this website for any parker.

Far from the case. With 240,000 Parker guns built and a long history of market value information tracked over the years, and also a wide offering of Parkers for sale on the internet at any given time leaves little to question on market values of commonly found Parkers. Trojan up through, for the sake of argument, C or B grade. And there are good track records of performance of higher grade guns in auction houses.
Top grade original Parkers also fall into the category of “worth what someone will pay” because there are far less examples out there and pricing them can be difficult and no one really knows where the ceiling may be for those high grade examples.

Like i said, these “upgrades” are custom guns, not originals, that were put together in limited numbers and in varying levels of quality. So, again, they are not easy to assign a general value to. And there is not a established matket for them.
If someone here has experience in buying or selling one of these guns, then they may be willing to share. Maybe you??? Do you want to share what you paid for yours?
Until one of those two things happen, your repetitive question will have to remain unanswered.

Bruce Day 01-06-2018 04:56 PM

Put it on auction and you can find out how much it is worth.

Sounds like you want to know how much you can get for yours.

Brian Dudley 01-06-2018 05:18 PM

Just like the classic question: “i just inherited this gun, what is it worth?”

That translates to: “who wants to buy this gun and what will they give me?”

Bill Murphy 01-09-2018 09:48 AM

Bob, I found a good selection of Pachmayr upgrades on Julia's previous auctions category. Sign in to see price information. Search "pachmayr parker". You will get a bunch of sales with Pachmayr pads, but the upgrades show up also. I think the Julia guns must have been Pachmayr's best.

Brian Dudley 02-24-2018 05:15 PM

Well bobski, there are several pach guns in the upcoming Rock island auction. You can see what those bring.

bob kuczynski 02-24-2018 06:16 PM

wish I could. website wont load.
could you be a gent and post what happens?