Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Anyone have a repro oil bottle? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23721)

Kirk Potter 03-18-2018 10:14 AM

The oil bottle that was for sale for a ridiculous price on eBay a while back, was marketed as an "A1 Special" oil bottle.. I've been trying to gather everything that would of came with my reproduction, I didn't know that the oil bottles weren't included from the factory.

Scot Cardillo 03-18-2018 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Yes Kirk, that was the one. If I don't see an oil bottle while lusting over high grade offerings, I consider the set incomplete; perhaps that's flawed logic?

The first photo I posted of a PR flyer shows what appears to be the same bottle that resides in my safe. I can't say for sure because the knurl upon the cap isn't visible. (script looks the same from here)

The knurl on mine is single-lined and angled in a manner that could be achieved by removing one of the knurls in a standard diamond knurling set. Or, one made specifically for the pattern using a simple bump knurling technique. One thing's for sure, the knurl's not cut.

Here's another PR flyer that shows an unmarked oil bottle. I'd be surprised if Reagent would use an aftermarket oil bottle bearing their name in one of their flyers, as shown in the first pic, but, who knows?

Greg Baehman 03-18-2018 11:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Lookie here! :
https://m.ebay.com/itm/Original-Rare...6554558?_ul=SV

Gary Laudermilch 03-18-2018 05:47 PM

Of the four repros I have only one had an oil bottle but all had snap caps. All were used when purchased. The oil bottle I do have is marked Parker Bros. on the cap and made in England on the bottom. It has no knurling on the cap. It is quite heavy for its size.

John Nagel 03-18-2018 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Laudermilch (Post 238513)
Of the four repros I have only one had an oil bottle but all had snap caps. All were used when purchased. The oil bottle I do have is marked Parker Bros. on the cap and made in England on the bottom. It has no knurling on the cap. It is quite heavy for its size.

Neat that yours says parker bros and not Parker reproduction.

I just saw a set of snap caps in 28ga today that only said parker and not parker reproduction.

Scot Cardillo 03-18-2018 07:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
My oil bottle is identical to the one pictured in Gregs post. Aside the script atop the cap, there are no other markings anywhere. (e.g., made in..) I wouldn't define it as particularly heavy for what it is.

Here's a picture showing the caps profile

Eric Eis 03-18-2018 07:15 PM

Honestly Greg mine may have come with snap caps, it was a long time ago, but I do know positively that it didn't come with an oil bottle or cleaning rod.

Kenny Graft 03-19-2018 09:17 AM

I have noted some variation in snap caps logo. Some not as pronounced and lighter stampings, some have different type script as I remember. I will look at my collection when I return home. Oil bottles have good heavy stampings on the two or three I own. They are very scarce items and the ones I own came with guns. I would say original Emembi supplied, Italy mnf. We need to see examples of the knock offs. I think my A1 special has all the accessories in its maker case...will look at that too. I think a correct new mnf. oiler and rod set would do well! SXS Ohio

Johnny Johnson 03-19-2018 01:51 PM

Another data point - my 28 gauge DHE, purchased new from Abercrombie & Fitch in Buckhead, GA, came with snap caps but no oil bottle or cleaning rod. It was a Christmas present from my wife.

Later,
Johnny

Greg Baehman 03-19-2018 03:48 PM

Johnny, you're spoiled! :bowdown:

Welcome to the forum!

Please tell us more about your little Repro by posting some pics in the "Let's see some wood" thread.