Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Vintage Cup pictures (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34317)

Chuck Bishop 09-20-2021 05:14 PM

Vintage Cup pictures

11 Attachment(s)
Here are some pictures I took of the Vintage Cup. Overall, I think the event was down, it seemed like on Thursday and Friday, there were more folks browsing the tables than shooting. You could shoot the course with no stations backed up. There was a little more shooters on the course Saturday but not crowded. Hopefully next year the ammo situation improves, I'm sure that kept many away from this event.

James L. Martin 09-20-2021 05:40 PM

I shot two events on Thursday, we never waited at any station, most were empty. Wednesday was not good ,very few vendors and no shooting except a special event going on. Overall this event had less vendors by far than any Vintagers I have been too and I have been to most. I still had a good time and I hope things will get better at next year's Vintagers.

Dean Romig 09-20-2021 05:44 PM

Nice job Chuck - you always come through with some great pictures!

Mills Morrison 09-20-2021 05:49 PM

Well done! Now let’s try to get a good turnout at the Fall Southern. We have other stuff going on, but are going to try to make it. Hotel and golf cart reserved.

Randy G Roberts 09-20-2021 06:06 PM

Thanks Chuck, very well done and very much appreciated by all. Looks like you had some real nice guns. I am hoping that the virus and the lack of ammo is the reason for our poor attendance and also hoping that both of these issues can be resolved in the not too distant future.

Joe Graziano 09-20-2021 10:54 PM

I was sad to miss the Vintagers this year. But I look forward to the fall Southern. See you in South Carolina!

Pete Lester 09-21-2021 05:01 AM

I would estimate the attendance at the VGC this year was 50 to 60% of what it was in September '19. I will wager the ammo shortage and Covid kept attendance down. The single vendor tent was much longer and more spacious than the June shoot which made it seem less full. I managed to bring a new to me H&R 10 bore home in spite of fewer guns to pick from. I was disappointed the machine in the Pigeon Ring broke and could not be repaired before I had a chance to shoot it. All targets were for score, no discount on a round for targets only. Saturdays course was odd in that there were a couple of stations out of the thirteen with a trapper/scorer, not sure I understand the point of doing that on only a couple of stations. I think Ken Snyder is a new advocate of the 19 gr Red Dot 1 1/8 ounce load in the Short Ten. He shot his Optimus very well. Sara LeFever shot well each day and took the Ladies Runner-Up trophy in the main event. The food truck was pretty good. All in all it was a great time and nice getaway during the pandemic.

Kevin McCormack 09-21-2021 08:28 AM

Equipment maintenance was another bummer this year - in addition to the pigeon ring trap breakdown, the number 4 trap on the 5-stand course broke about as many targets on launch as it threw successfully.

Daryl Corona 09-21-2021 08:59 AM

6 Attachment(s)
Last day on the "fun course".

#1- His excellency the "Bishop"
#2- A bevy of beauties
#3- Shane Hoover(l), Russ Burkett(r)
#4- L-R- His excellency(seated in his royal couch), Jeff "Steggy" Stegmeier,
Russ, Shane, Mike "Smitty" Smith, Stan Hoover (shooting)
#5- Russ, Shane and Smitty
#6- We are done.

Pete Lester 09-21-2021 01:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ken Snyder shooting his Lefever Optimus 10 bore for the first time and in the running for happiest man at the shoot.