Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Perazzi Shotgun (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=41789)

George Davis 04-25-2024 08:49 AM

Perazzi Shotgun

Yesterday at our skeet/trap event am older gentleman showed up with a set of Perazzi Shotguns. Opened a beautiful Perazzi Case with two guns: one side was an MX8 the side was a TM 1 (never seen one before). They were the Ithaca imported Perazzi as stamped on the barrels. It's been my experience that 40 year old competition guns tend to be on the well used side of the equation and these were beautiful. He stated his father ordered them in 1984, after his dad's death in 2014 he'd shot them only twice. He shot a round of trap on my squad with the TM 1 and he just crushed the birds. He normally always shoots one of his very nice Remington 1100, for me it would be difficult leaving those two Perazzi in the vault.

The Perazzi to me has never had any appeal as I think they lack grace and beauty. However several of my friends like their's and shoot them well, beauty has always been in the eyes of the beholder!

Any thoughts on these Perazzi (Ithaca) Guns?

Bill Murphy 04-25-2024 10:21 AM

My advice, "Watch the obituaries."

James L. Martin 04-25-2024 10:26 AM

I had a Ithaca MX8 ,great guns. As far as lacking grace and beauty? I've never heard anyone say that about a Perazzi.

Greg Baehman 04-25-2024 11:07 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I've got an imported by Ithaca Perazzi Comp1 skeet gun with 27 9/16” bbls. that are Tula choked. Others comment on how wonderful they are on the skeet field. But, I enjoy shooting my Parker Reproduction Sporting Clays Classic better.

Bruce Hering 04-25-2024 01:09 PM

Horses for courses.... During the time my students were reffing many of the major Sporting clays events in the US I saw a large number of P guns on the courses. Shooters said they liked the "feel" of the P guns as opposed to the less svelte American produced guns. It should be noted that a goodly number of shooters were also shooting K guns and Kolar, as well. Two very different types of guns and then there were a few Blaser guns showing up.

These are all high end comp shotguns. Just for interest's sake check out the last Olympic trap videos. Mostly high half rib P guns. Go figure....

James L. Martin 04-25-2024 01:21 PM

Last utube Olympic trap video I watched had 80% of the shooter's using a Perazzi.

Bill Murphy 04-25-2024 04:07 PM

I owned the Heidimarie Hiptmayer engraved and gold inlaid Mirage that was pictured in an early Gun Digest, foolishly sold it because it turned out to be a lefthanded gun stocked by her talented husband, Klaus. I shot it very well, but it was above my pay grade at the time. I wonder who owns that gun today? I would buy it back at five times what I sold it for.

todd allen 04-25-2024 05:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by George Davis (Post 409809)

The Perazzi to me has never had any appeal as I think they lack grace and beauty. However several of my friends like their's and shoot them well, beauty has always been in the eyes of the beholder!

Any thoughts on these Perazzi (Ithaca) Guns?

Opinions vary, but to me, this is a beauty
Attachment 125473
The majority of the wins with this gun were cash prizes, but there's been a few trophies picked up along the way.

Attachment 125474

Stan Hillis 04-25-2024 09:24 PM

I've owned an Ithaca imported MX8, and now own a Winchester imported one. Both great old guns. I've shot all the K guns, the Italian SC guns, and nothing handles like my MX8. As long as I'm able to shoot sporting clays I'll never sell it.

Stan Hillis 04-25-2024 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George "Scott" Davis
The Perazzi to me has never had any appeal as I think they lack grace and beauty.

Pretty is as pretty does. I'd shoot a Winchester Model 24 if I could break more birds with it than any other gun.

Personally, I think Perazzi guns look a helluva lot better than Kreighoff, and I like the handling better, too. I never cared for the Germanic, angular look, and Kreighoffs feel "dead" in my hands. Italian guns are much prettier and handle much better, IMO.