Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Something different.. (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21662)

Jerry VanHorn 06-09-2017 01:43 PM

Something different..

1 Attachment(s)
I don't remember if I bought this, or one of the kids found it..Poster is 15x10..Winchester shell hangs below. Wood is about 1/2". hangs from chain..jv.

Eric Eis 06-09-2017 02:24 PM

Very neat...

Dave Suponski 06-09-2017 03:09 PM

They were listed on EBay years ago.

Jerry VanHorn 06-09-2017 03:44 PM

Then..that's probably where I got it.. Getting old..and forgetful !! Speaking of paper....just got my new membership card..#347..as it was in 1997..Now, I see membership right at 5,000 !.....and only 25 members want a poster ??

Jim DiSpagno 06-09-2017 04:04 PM

Welcome back Jerry. Please see older post "Parker poster to benefit PGCA youth program" Sales barely paid for printing. 5000 members but only a couple hundred use this forum and not all the time. Maybe that question should be posted as an AD in the Parker Pages as I believe more members read it than use the forum. Jim

Eric Eis 06-09-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerry VanHorn (Post 219877)
Then..that's probably where I got it.. Getting old..and forgetful !! Speaking of paper....just got my new membership card..#347..as it was in 1997..Now, I see membership right at 5,000 !.....and only 25 members want a poster ??

Jerry your number is right around my number. I think that "Wood Duck" calendar print would do better and I think that it would need to be advertised outside of our forum and club, ie Fox club, Lefever, list on Double gun, Shooting Sportsman etc. On the forum there are not a lot of readers

Dave Suponski 06-09-2017 05:20 PM

I already have the squirrel poster but would be interested in a wood duck one

Dean Romig 06-10-2017 07:14 AM

Don't misunderstand - Since 1993 approximately 5,000 people have joined the PGCA, the vast majority of whom joined as annul members... but a huge number have not renewed their memberships. We currently have about 1,330 members, both annual and life members, and that is a healthy number. We would wish for more but of the number who join each year, a significant number let their membership lapse. We believe they join in order to get research letters at a lower membership rate then drop out. Mary Bowes could fill in the exact numbers of members who join annually and the number who drop out annually... but we don't have 5,000 members - or anything close to that number.

Jerry VanHorn 06-10-2017 09:27 AM

Jim and Dean.. I thought there were more "paid-up" members in the 5K figure.. I think with today's technology in printing,a scan saved after an initial run of say..50 posters..would be the way to start. I may take my Parker book to him and see how clear he can make the Wood Duck from the book illustration ?? You are right about needing to advertise in other venues. I haven't given up yet. I'll post to buy a Squirrel...Jerry..

Dean Romig 06-10-2017 09:42 AM

"Parker book"...?

Are you referring to The Parker Story ?? That book is under copyright in its entirety and would require written permission from its authors and publisher to reproduce anything in it. Be careful...