Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Paper, Memorabilia and Books (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   A.H. Fox Catalog Stolen (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21240)

JasonPeck 04-07-2017 10:40 AM

A.H. Fox Catalog - Not Stolen!

3 Attachment(s)
Also posted to the Fox forum.

It pains me to say that this catalog was stolen from my mailbox in Alberta. It's a long shot but if you see it posted anywhere for sale please let me know. :(

I'm sick about it.

Brian Dudley 04-07-2017 11:02 AM

Do you know if it was ever in your mailbox to start with?

JasonPeck 04-07-2017 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 215992)
Do you know if it was ever in your mailbox to start with?

Brian, I never saw it, but it was supposed to have been delivered last week. At first I thought the mail was slow, but then discovered mail was taken from other neighbours.

Rick Losey 04-07-2017 11:34 AM

Jason

this is a real long shot- not knowing the demographics where you live

but the odds are - an especially if others in the area are victims- is that mailboxes were hit for the off chance of finding checks to forge or credit card info to use

anything else would be tossed - maybe not until they get home - or maybe - just maybe - down the road a ways- have you walked the roads and checked the ditches? Or a nearby park or a wayside with trash cans. that type of thief is unlikely to know the value of the catalog and take the time to sell it.

very much a long shot - but stranger things have happened

JasonPeck 04-07-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Losey (Post 215995)
Jason

this is a real long shot- not knowing the demographics where you live

but the odds are - an especially if others in the area are victims- is that mailboxes were hit for the off chance of finding checks to forge or credit card info to use

anything else would be tossed - maybe not until they get home - or maybe - just maybe - down the road a ways- have you walked the roads and checked the ditches? that type of thief is unlikely to know the value of the catalog and take the time to sell it.

very much a long shot - but stranger things have happened

Rick, yes that is what I think as well. I have scoured the ditches in all directions. My fear is that it was thrown out and lost forever.

Phil Yearout 04-07-2017 12:02 PM

Area dumpsters or home trash barrels visible or close enough for a quick drop? I'm sure you've thought of it.

JasonPeck 04-07-2017 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil Yearout (Post 215999)
Area dumpsters or home trash barrels visible or close enough for a quick drop? I'm sure you've thought of it.

I've looked in one, but there really aren't any around.

John Dallas 04-07-2017 02:20 PM

I sent thumb drives showing about a hundred pictures of gun dogs to the guys who handled them at a driven bird shoot. 2 of the 8 were stolen. I hoe that creeps enjoyed the pictures

Austin J Hawthorne Jr. 04-09-2017 09:28 AM

I sent 5 books to a member through the postal service and only 1 book arrived and the package was busted open. I wonder why they just did not steal them all?

Rick Losey 04-09-2017 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin J Hawthorne Jr. (Post 216101)
I sent 5 books to a member through the postal service and only 1 book arrived and the package was busted open. I wonder why they just did not steal them all?

don't always assume poor service and handling is theft - incompetence often prevails :rolleyes:

In Jason's case - rural mailboxes are an easy target for a snatch and grab and quick get away- where my parents lived there was a big combined mailbox at the start of the dirt road - the mailman opened the front with his key- put the mail in the cubby holes and the residents opened a small door to their personal box on the back with their key- in its unguarded location it was too easy a target otherwise