Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Shotgun Shell Reloading (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Vista raising prices of components again (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=35138)

Pete Lester 01-01-2022 05:55 PM

Vista raising prices of components again

Vista is again announcing price increases on ammunition and reloading components after a similar announcement last July. No new orders by dealers for primers until after 4/22.

https://theloadoutblog.com/2021/12/2...aterial-costs/

Mills Morrison 01-01-2022 06:42 PM

I think the end result of all this mess will be higher prices

CraigThompson 01-01-2022 07:04 PM

Well in the Vista/Remington line about the only thing I’d want would be maybe a case of SP-10 wads and a case of SP-8 wads . So we’re talking maybe $100-150 additional at the absolute most . I can live with that .

Pete Lester 01-01-2022 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CraigThompson (Post 351831)
Well in the Vista/Remington line about the only thing I’d want would be maybe a case of SP-10 wads and a case of SP-8 wads . So we’re talking maybe $100-150 additional at the absolute most . I can live with that .

Vista is more than just Remington, it is Federal, CCI, Alliant Powder, Estate, Hevi-Shot, Speer, Primos, Tasco, Bushnell, Simmons, Redfield, Weaver, RCBS, Hoppes, Uncle Mikes and a few others. Vista has and is building a shooting sports monopoly. Anyone involved in the shooting sports will be purchasing their products.

I am wondering if we will ever see Remington wads in production again. I can't imagine there is a lot of market share for 8ga and 10ga lead shot wads. Most folks shooting 10ga are shooting non-toxic shot. Across the spectrum of shotgun gauges there are a lot of other choices such as Claybuster at a much lower price point.

CraigThompson 01-01-2022 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Lester (Post 351834)
Vista is more than just Remington, it is Federal, CCI, Alliant Powder, Estate, Hevi-Shot, Speer, Primos, Tasco, Bushnell, Simmons, Redfield, Weaver, RCBS, Hoppes, Uncle Mikes and a few others. Vista has and is building a shooting sports monopoly. Anyone involved in the shooting sports will be purchasing their products.

I am wondering if we will ever see Remington wads in production again. I can't imagine there is a lot of market share for 8ga and 10ga lead shot wads. Most folks shooting 10ga are shooting non-toxic shot. Across the spectrum of shotgun gauges there are a lot of other choices such as Claybuster at a much lower price point.

I didn’t realize they had all that . But again other than the wads mentioned about all I’d want anymore would be a couple eights of Unique . I suspect if you don’t see anymore of the SP wads I mentioned the Gualandi wads will be the only game in town for the two gauges . I’ve already used the Italian wads in the 8 with success but I’ve not yet gotten any for the 10 although I have four bags ordered . Well perhaps CB will see fit to do limited knock off runs of the SP-8 and SP-10 I’d certainly have no problem with that . I’m finding my brand loyalties for a good part have gone to the wayside ! For years and years if a truck didn’t have a bow tie in the grill I wouldn’t buy it , now I’m driving one from the land of the riding sun ! What’s the world coming to .

Victor Wasylyna 01-01-2022 09:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Lester (Post 351834)

The Remington SP10 wad is “discontinued” according to MidwayUSA.

Time to switch to the PT1044.

-Victor

CraigThompson 01-01-2022 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Victor Wasylyna (Post 351845)
The Remington SP10 wad is “discontinued” according to MidwayUSA.

Time to switch to the PT1044.

-Victor

I’d put very little stock in what Midway says . Then again they “might” be onto something . But then the Gualandi wad is unavailable as of the moment as well .

Milton C Starr 01-02-2022 11:00 AM

Really as a product theres no reason for Remington to make the SP-8 wads anymore, they're not actually needed for industrial loads. Winchester just uses fiber wads in theirs, shot deformation/setback probably isnt a high priority for busting slag buildup. Those kiln operators shoot thousands of rounds in a session going to a cheaper fiberwad would probably add up eventually. On the other hand theres little reason for them anyhow to set aside such a small amount of SP-8 wads for the few guys using them when they are selling industrial loads by the 9600 round pallet.

Craig BPI has the Gualandi 8 ga industrial wad in stock, a little bit bigger than the one PR sells $22/250.

Keith Doty 01-02-2022 12:30 PM

There seems to be plenty of SP10 wads in Canada and the UK. Those vendors CANNOT ship powder, primers, ammo, bullets, brass (I think) or firearms to the US. I found one that accepted my order for wads. Canadian post is crazy money but I want the wads. We'll see if the sale and shipment goes thru. If so I will advise the members here.

CraigThompson 01-02-2022 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Milton C Starr (Post 351868)

Craig BPI has the Gualandi 8 ga industrial wad in stock, a little bit bigger than the one PR sells $22/250.

I have 1000 of the Italian ones .