Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Single Barrel Trap Shotguns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   1930 SB SBT (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31754)

Mills Morrison 12-02-2020 10:53 AM

People seem to dislike Del Grego restored Parkers, but they were the premier Parker gunsmith for a long time. Original condition is always preferable, but a restoration by a top smith is a plus in my book

Dean Romig 12-02-2020 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 317462)
People seem to dislike Del Grego restored Parkers, but they were the premier Parker gunsmith for a long time. Original condition is always preferable, but a restoration by a top smith is a plus in my book

I hope nothing I said was any indication that I dislike DelGrego restored Parkers...

Mills Morrison 12-02-2020 03:06 PM

Not directed at you Dean. It is just something I have noticed. Since my first and favorite Parker is a Del Grego restoration, I kind of have a special place for them.

Daryl Corona 12-02-2020 07:17 PM

Same here Mills. It was 1971 and I still have it. I think I'll use it tomorrow chasing quail.

Mike Franzen 12-02-2020 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George Davis (Post 317455)
Mike, it sounds like you bought this gun as a "shooter" and according to John it fits you like a glove. Go crush clays and who cares if it been redone and who worked on this Parker. SBT were made for shooting!!!!

I don’t want anyone to think I am anything but happy to be the latest caretaker of this Parker. There were no surprises when I opened the Fort Knox like case it was shipped in. I bought the gun mainly because the stock dimensions are ideal for me and I thought I could probably shoot it well. Joe graciously allowed me take it and try it before I committed. As soon as I shouldered the gun I was “All In”. The fact it’s a B grade and looks gorgeous didn’t hurt either. I’m mainly a hunter and target shooter that fell in love with Parker’s. My collection, if viewed, would not be considered the finest collection of Parker’s the world has ever seen. But, like most of us, they have a special place in my heart.

Mike Franzen 12-02-2020 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Murphy (Post 317444)
Did the Del Gregos actually see the gun or did they see pictures. I'm with Dean. The gun looks very Del Gregoish. The trigger guard inletting looks like it was fooled with after the gun was stocked. Del Gregos records are not in serial number order so they are hard to search unless you have a suspicion about the gun's owner.

When I first saw the gun metal in person I was 97% sure it was a Del Grego job. I have a SC that was definitely redone by them and the colors are the same. They hold up to wear very well from what I can tell.

Mills Morrison 12-03-2020 10:04 AM

My Del Grego Trojan 20 might become Harry's Forest City Juniors gun. At least at first. He is dead set on using a Parker

Bill Murphy 12-03-2020 10:34 AM

Harry needs a full size SC if the league is a trap only league.

Mills Morrison 12-03-2020 10:39 AM

Still holding out hope he can do trap with a Parker SBT

Mills Morrison 12-03-2020 10:46 AM

Should have jumped on Brian Hornacek's SBT, but there will be more.