Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   2015 Spring Southern and Drake Landing (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15298)

Mike.Smith 01-14-2015 02:07 PM

2015 Spring Southern and Drake Landing

Over the Christmas Holidays I spoke to Dan Andrews at Drake Landing, and he mentioned a conversation that he had with the local Barbour Clothing rep. Dan told him that we've had a pretty good group of side by side shooters showing up before and during the Spring Southern event to shoot at his club. Dan asked me if he and Barbour sponsored a shoot for us, how many people I thought would attend? This would not be a PGCA sanctioned event, but between the three collector organizations I believe we had over 20 shooters come out last year. My suggestion to Dan was that if we did this, I thought we should do something the Thursday before the Southern starts, so as not to interfere with the main event. While there is a group of us who have shot there all four days over the past two years, I wouldn't want to organize anything official that would compete with the Southern or participation in the Parker/LC Smith challenge.

So, I put it to you guys who have probably already started to think about plans for this year. Would you make the trip a day early to do some shooting at Drake Landing? While I know it will be tough to do, I would like to see what kind of commitment I could give him on attendance. I'm planning to post this same message on the Fox Collectors site as well. For those of you who have shot at his club, you know Dan has done a lot for us, and this is just taking it to the next level.

Mike

Update 1/19/15: Great responses to this guys, glad so many are planning to come. Keep em coming!

Mike Smith
Mark Ouellette
Daryl Carona
Rich Anderson
Eric Eis
David Dwyer
Craig Larter +3
Mike Koneski
Harold Pickens
Carvel Whaley
Buddy Marson
Devan Brown
Jim Signore
Frank Halsey
Haley Pearsall
Bill Davis

Mark Ouellette 01-14-2015 02:30 PM

Outstanding idea Mr. Smith!

How about making it even better by inviting your wise and attractive U.S. Representative, the honorable Renee Elmer's?

Mark

Daryl Corona 01-14-2015 03:34 PM

[QUOTE=Mark Ouellette;

How about making it even better by inviting your wise and attractive U.S. Representative, the honorable Renee Elmers.

Down boy, down.:nono:

Count me in Mike.

Eric Eis 01-14-2015 03:38 PM

Mike you can count me in and you know Rich A will be in too... Since we are driving together....:)

David Dwyer 01-14-2015 03:39 PM

Mike I love it. Count me in!
David

Craig Larter 01-14-2015 04:26 PM

Mike I am in with 3 buddies. Thanks Craig

Eric Eis 01-16-2015 10:06 AM

I know there are more guys planning on coming to this. Please let Mike know so he can give a approximate head count to Dan.

Harold Lee Pickens 01-16-2015 12:38 PM

Mike, I have been waiting to see some posts on Drakes. I am planning to leave Wed at noon and be down there that evening. Good job!, hope things work out
Harold

Rich Anderson 01-16-2015 08:31 PM

I'm all in for Drakes:) It's one of the nicest shooting fascilities I have ever been to and you can't beat the hospitality:nono: ANYONE who has shot there before knows what a great place this is and the fact that this has grown in recent years from 3-5 shooters to over 20 last year is a testament to just how much fun it is to shoot there

I come up with 12 just off the top of my head so 20+ should be no problem.

Carvel Whaley 01-16-2015 08:50 PM

Mike, I plan to be there. Carvel