Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Restoration (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Trojan Project (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=33528)

todd allen 06-16-2021 03:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 336771)
Doing that kind of work to any 12g Parker below a C or B grade does not many any sense from a financial standpoint. Unless you do not care, and by all means. Do it. It isnt always about money.

I agree with Brian. I've done a lot worse things with money.
My friend, Chuck, (who Brian just finished some work for on a Repro) custom stocked a VH 12 ga. some years back, with some of the finest wood I have ever seen.
Wood on this level would be well over 2 grand these days, for a gun that's probably worth about $1,500.00
The hunting he has done with this gun just might have justified some of the cost, including his first triple on wild chukar.

Andrew Sacco 06-16-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todd allen (Post 336815)
I agree with Brian. I've done a lot worse things with money.
My friend, Chuck, (who Brian just finished some work for on a Repro) custom stocked a VH 12 ga. some years back, with some of the finest wood I have ever seen.
Wood on this level would be well over 2 grand these days, for a gun that's probably worth about $1,500.00
The hunting he has done with this gun just might have justified some of the cost, including his first triple on wild chukar.

Todd, in MY MIND a triple is bang-bang...eject...load-load- close the gun -bang with birds that all flushed at the SAME time, or is my version of a triple not really a triple? If so, that's quite a feat!!! :bowdown:

Bruce Hering 06-16-2021 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco (Post 336817)
Todd, in MY MIND a triple is bang-bang...eject...load-load- close the gun -bang with birds that all flushed at the SAME time, or is my version of a triple not really a triple? If so, that's quite a feat!!! :bowdown:

Not sure about that..... A Scotch double and the a third bird would be a triple.... or reverse it to a single and a Scotch double.

Just sayin....

Harry Gietler 06-16-2021 07:45 PM

Just Remember This---A Trojan IS a A-1 Special Without ALL the War Paint.
All Parkers are the SAME On the Inside. If a guy wants to spend HIS money to make a Trojan look Better, Good, do not belittle Him for doing So!

Harry

Andrew Sacco 06-16-2021 07:59 PM

I don’t think anyone belittled him at all. Opinions can be helpful. I agree Harry though. Like I’ve said before I think I spent about $500 a pound for wild duck In arkansas. I don’t regret the trip. Sure could have bought duck breast cheaper at the market.

todd allen 06-17-2021 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew Sacco (Post 336817)

Yes. It was bang bang, open,, pull the empties, load, and bang. Quite a feat, but Chuck is just the guy to pull it off.

Andrew Sacco 06-17-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by todd allen (Post 336844)
Yes. It was bang bang, open,, pull the empties, load, and bang. Quite a feat, but Chuck is just the guy to pull it off.

W O W. I'm lucking to go bang the second time : )

Dave Noreen 06-17-2021 12:16 PM

Quote:

All Parkers are the SAME On the Inside.
The same design, but not the same fit and finish. I think it was Babe that showed us sample Parker internal parts with the different levels of polish for the different grades at the long ago PGCA get together at the Great Southern Weapons show at Richmond, VA.

As for the OPs issue, there are certainly options for a perfectly suitable restock to make a "shooter" that wouldn't be anywhere near as expensive as a correct restoration restock.

Brian Dudley 06-17-2021 12:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
An example of what Dave mentions…

The inside of an AAHE.

A trojan sure does not look the same.

Attachment 96953

Harry Gietler 06-18-2021 12:49 PM

War Paint

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 336887)
An example of what Dave mentions…

The inside of an AAHE.

A trojan sure does not look the same.

Attachment 96953

That is what I mean by War Paint!

Harry