Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Eureka! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26539)

todd allen 02-15-2019 09:00 PM

I need to strike oil on my property.

CraigThompson 02-15-2019 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 266007)
I love that gun although I am not sure what you would hunt with it

If my pockets were deep enough to own that gun without any monetary worries I’d use it for dove , teal and I’d try trap .

Dave Noreen 03-05-2019 11:52 PM

It has been more correctly restocked and seriously "freshened" since it appeared in Larry Baer's 1976 book. Since this gun reappeared I've wondered why Larry didn't mention the Max Fleishmann connection? He mentioned Edwin Hedderly, Wah King Thom, Joan Bennett, Leland Hayward, etc. provenance for various guns he pictured in his books.

Eric Eis 03-06-2019 08:18 AM

Somebody correct me on this if I am wrong but isn't this one of Jim Parker's collection of A1's. I think I remember this gun when he displayed at the Louisville Gun Show when we had the annual meeting there.

Tommy Neely 03-06-2019 01:28 PM

Another question for the experts. Explain what is meant by “The Hinge Pin being Out of Time”? Is this simply that the pin slot is not aligned properly and does this effect the mechanics of the gun? How difficult is it to correct this problem? I’m curious as I’m considering buying a VHE with the same issue.

Dean Romig 03-06-2019 01:46 PM

Right Tom - the slot is not properly aligned. It indicates someone has had the gun apart and didn't pay particular attention to correctly reassembling it... which leads to other questions about the work done on the gun. I'm sure it is perfectly okay inside. On the subject gun, it is merely a cosmetic issue - the other screws are timed perfectly.

Tommy Neely 03-06-2019 01:59 PM

Thanks Dean. Notice your a Setter Man. I’ve got three young English Setters, approaching 3 yrs old, out of Shaddow Oak Bo that I’m very proud of. All are pretty well broke ar 2 1/2 years, I can’t take the credit as that would go to a dear friend that is as good as I’ve seen training dogs. If I can locate a few pictures I will send them to you. If you aren’t familiar with Bo, he won the Grand National Championship at Ames Plantation back to in 2013 and 2014. First time an English Setter has done this since 1903.

Dean Romig 03-06-2019 02:05 PM

Yes, I'm familiar with Shadow Oak Bo's achievement. What a dog! It's great you have his pups.

Gary Carmichael Sr 03-07-2019 10:59 AM

I believe that Jim Parker passed or sold this gun to one of his guys that helped him set up, I also think that the individual bit of more than he could chew, so it was sold to who I do not know, Gary

Dave Tatman 03-07-2019 11:07 AM

Not to derail the thread, but my ten month old English Setter, Beau, is out of Shadow Oak Bo's lineage, as well. He's a big boy - very tall, and is already developing into a fine bird dog.

Dave