Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Parker Reproduction 12 NSFL (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26833)

Bill Mullins 03-19-2019 05:51 PM

Parker Reproduction 12 NSFL

A friend of mine that owns a small gun shop has an opportunity to purchase a PR 12 NSFL. Marked National Sporting Foundation Limited. Edition of 100. Pistol grip, single trigger and beavertail. It is has a Pachmayer pad. Anything special value wise on these guns? Thanks! 😊

Bob Jurewicz 03-19-2019 06:25 PM

Very suspicious about the pad
Bob Jurewicz

Bill Mullins 03-19-2019 06:30 PM

Thanks Bob! I agree. Gun has approximately 90% CC and 98% Blue. A few nicks in the wood. Case with snap caps and outer cover. 😊

Rich Anderson 03-19-2019 06:38 PM

The pad was added afterwards. The NSFL was started by Jim Rikhoff formerly of Winchester Press in the early 70's. They produced limited edition hunting and fishing book that emulated Derrydale press. The membership was limited to 1000 and they did special things for the membership. There were several runs of limited Parker reproductions such as the one your friend is considering and there was a 20/16 as well.

I would think that any added value the NSFL might add would be detracted by the addition of the pad. There was nothing extra special about the guns just that a run was done solely for the NSFL .

Bill Mullins 03-19-2019 08:54 PM

Thanks Rich for the history of the NSFL and your thoughts on the value of the gun in comparison to a normal PR 12. I will pass it on to him. 😊

Richard Flanders 03-21-2019 08:54 AM

My 2-bbl set 28ga Repro is #1 of the NSFL series in 28ga. My experience has been that vey few people have ever heard of the NSFL.

Eric Eis 03-21-2019 09:05 AM

Bill value the gun as a PR 12 gauge, no value added to NSFL as it was the same gun no changes or upgrades and yes a minus for the recoil pad.

Greg Baehman 03-21-2019 10:15 AM

Value, like beauty, is in the eyes of the beholder. To a member of the NSFL, it may have added value; to someone that's not a member of the NSFL it may not have any added value or perhaps even be a detriment to value. IMO, the added pad, whether a member or not, hurts the value by ~$500 compared to a standard issue DHE.

Chris Travinski 03-25-2019 08:55 PM

Personally I don't like all of the NSFL junk on the barrels, it takes away from the value to me.

David C Porter 06-15-2023 09:58 AM

I find the opinions on the recoil pad interesting. I've seen several with pads an have assumed they were added later, but giving more thought to it since I have owned 5 that were in their original boxes that have the end sticker with info. check boxs to mark. there is a box for skeleton buttplate & another box for rubber. So, it appears you could get a P. R. With a recoil pad. If anyone has a P. R. with a factory recoil pad it would be nice to know what type/manufacture pad they used