Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Fall Southern SxS (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=21595)

Tom Pellegrini 05-30-2017 02:59 PM

Fall Southern SxS

Any members who are interested, or are planning to attend the Fall Southern at BWQC, there are some big changes at BWQC. Thanks to hurricane Matthew the five stand structure was literally blown away. Rick Hemmingway has gone all, out. Last August a new pavilion with rest rooms was constructed in time for the Southeast Regional that was held the end of September. A new, very elaborate five stand structure is in the construction stages at this time. Hope to see some of you there this October. I hope the pics came through.

Tom

Tom Pellegrini 05-30-2017 03:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are a couple more.

John Truitt 05-30-2017 03:15 PM

Thanks. Looks great. Rick and staff always do a fantastic job.

Tom Pellegrini 05-30-2017 03:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are the first two. I kind of got ahead of myself.

Rich Anderson 06-05-2017 05:23 PM

It looks to be a nice facility and I've heard good things but it is after all FALL and for me feathered birds win out over clay ones:rotf: My daughter is getting married the end of September then I'm off to lick my financial wounds for the month of October in the Upper Peninsula

Keep your head down and the gun moving. Have fun:bigbye:

Tom Pellegrini 06-05-2017 07:34 PM

I know you love the UP Rich and it would be hard to tear you away but there are quail hunts and pheasant tower shoots to be had at the Fall Southern.

CraigThompson 06-08-2017 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom Pellegrini (Post 219624)
I know you love the UP Rich and it would be hard to tear you away but there are quail hunts and pheasant tower shoots to be had at the Fall Southern.

If I were to venture to the Georgetown area that time of year it would be if I could put together some sort of deer hunt involving a Parker EH 10 gauge on a #2 frame shooting my homeloaded buckshot in an Archibald Rutledge sort of way :whistle:

David Dwyer 06-08-2017 02:13 PM

Craig
If you contact John Michael At Backwoods he can make that happen
David

CraigThompson 06-09-2017 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Dwyer (Post 219794)
Craig
If you contact John Michael At Backwoods he can make that happen
David

Oh I'm aware that he has stands all over his property .

I'm more looking for something with dogs and drivers .

Tom Pellegrini 06-27-2017 01:16 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Well here are pics of the finished product. All finishing touches were made last Thursday just in time for the three day event of the Junior U.S. Open. Everyone was obviously pleased. It is definitely a great upgrade to the facility. Hope to see many of you at the Fall Southern. First pic is taken from the road. The second I was standing in the seating area and looking to the right. The third is from the seating area and looking to the left. the last is from the field.
Tom