Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Please HELP ...Low Serial 10ga Parker (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23485)

David Rios 02-17-2018 11:01 PM

Please HELP ...Low Serial 10ga Parker

9 Attachment(s)
I’m in need of some advice I have a Parker Brothers 10g Shotgun and a gentalmen approched me at the range and asked if he could purchase it. It’s been in my family for over 50 years. It still fires on one barrel the firing pin is broken on the other barrel I can change the firing pin to the other side and it will fire. I just don’t know what the value would be. I really don’t want to sell but I would rather someone enjoy it. It’s always kept in my climate controlled safe it has a in excellent condition and all is matching numbers perfect fitting no wobble or cracks on stock or rust. i will add pics here is what I know I don’t know if it’s worth anything either I just want to be fair to me and him. I just can’t really find any online this low in numbers.

Model/configuration – Model Grade 0 Stub-twist double-barrel shotgun, 10 ga., with 30 inch damascus bbl., and case hardened/blue finish.

Serial Number – 6153 mfg. circa 1875.

Additional Information – side hammer, under-lifter action (barrel release in front of trigger guard), walnut stock. Just need someone’s help and thank you in advance.
Any information is helpful also if there is something I’m missing please let me know I’m a Newbie here.

David Rios 02-18-2018 09:25 AM

Please point me in the right direction if I posted this in the wrong area I greatly appreciate you guys like I said I’m new on this site.

Mills Morrison 02-18-2018 05:26 PM

Looks to be in decent shape for its age. The stock looks like a replacement to me, but that is better than a broken stock. New firing pins are available

David Rios 02-18-2018 05:37 PM

Hello Mills thank you so much for answering. I don’t believe the stock has been changed. Is there anyway to find out it’s all one piece with the reciever correct? This was my Great Grandfathers so I don’t know what he has done to it but as far as I know the stock has not been changed it least according to my late Grandfather also Where can I find the firing pin? How can I place a value on it ? Is there a appraisal place for Parker’s? Thanks again and god bless you for your response brother.

Dean Romig 02-18-2018 05:52 PM

Brian Dudley has replacement offset firing pins for your gun. Send him a PM.

I too believe the stock is a replacement. Not much about th contours and checkering look like original Parker work.

David Rios 02-18-2018 05:58 PM

Like I said I really don’t know is there any possiable way to find out by taking apart just everything looks perfect screws and settings no gaps. If there is something I can do and take more photos to really get in depth with finding out the authenticity. This is in beautiful shape is there anyone in the Orlando Fl area I can take it to that anyone knows of ?

Steve Huffman 02-18-2018 07:44 PM

The screws in the Buttplate don't look Parker Brothers to me nor the buttstock, whats the forend look like ?

David Rios 02-18-2018 08:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I’ve sent a bunch of photos to a firearms expert online and this is what he stated he is a expert in the Parker,Winchester and Remington. The forend has matching serial numbers with the rest of the shotgun. Please see photo..

Mark Ray 02-18-2018 08:38 PM

Shouldnt there be a medallion on the wrist?

Steve Huffman 02-18-2018 08:58 PM

You can order a letter for your gun there are records on hand for it This may help you answer some questions .