Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Member On The Hunt For A Parker (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26175)

Brett Rohrscheib 01-09-2019 04:31 PM

New Member On The Hunt For A Parker

Hello all, glad to join your group. Upland bird hunter here that is looking to add a Parker to my gun collection. On the hunt for a new (to me) grouse gun. Normally carry an OU, but looking to go old school.
So here's what I'd like:
16 ga, 0 frame or under 6.5 pounds, beavertail forend, IC/M chokes but flexible, prefer straight English stock but not a deal breaker.
So if anyone runs across what I'm looking for, give me a shout. There is one I'm eyeing on GI that I could use some advice on.

Cheers, Brett

Dean Romig 01-09-2019 04:47 PM

Your order shouldn't be hard to fill except that the straight grip reduces your choices by about 90% and a beavertail forend should prove to be nearly impossible to find on a 16 0-frame Parker.

Shoot me an email at dsromig@aol.com and I may be able to give you some advice on the one you're looking at.

Dean

Brett Rohrscheib 01-09-2019 05:39 PM

Thanks Dean, figured I came to the right place. PM coming your way soon.
Cheers,
Brett

Chuck Bishop 01-09-2019 05:56 PM

Brett, welcome to the PGCA web site, but to be clear, you are not a PGCA member, you are a Forum Associate. A dues paying PGCA member has many benefits, one of which is a Members Only section in the Discussion Forum. I bring this up because I frequently get checks of $40 dollars instead of $100 dollars from Forum Associates for research letters who believe they are PGCA members.

Brett Rohrscheib 01-09-2019 07:02 PM

PA SxS, to be clear, I'm not looking for a research letter. Just someone knowledgeable about Parkers to give their thoughts on a particular gun. Should I join the ranks of Parker owners, I'll gladly join the association.

Brett

Mark Ray 01-09-2019 07:56 PM

Brett,

Just some friendly advice. Spending 40 bucks to become a member BEFORE buying your first Parker will pay untold dividends. Maybe the greatest is the ability to post, buy and sell Parkers from and to members. Additionally, although the vast majority of our group is amenable to giving advice on potential buys, you will find many more tools within the members only section.

Brett Rohrscheib 01-09-2019 11:17 PM

TxHunter, I hear ya. I support all the clubs and forums I belong to or frequent. Hadn't realized there were multiple memberships when I jumped in. I'll check out the community and see if it's the type I'll fit in. If so, I'll pony up to bar and become a member.
Cheers,
Brett

Chuck Bishop 01-10-2019 09:03 AM

Brett, my response to you had nothing to do with you wanting a research letter, but just to alert you and other "Forum Associates" that when they use the word "member" they may think they are actually a PGCA member. I used research letters as an example of this false assumption when they send me the wrong amount on their check. It happens quite often.

Again, welcome to our web site, I know you'll enjoy it. Good luck finding your Parker

Bill Murphy 01-10-2019 11:04 AM

Without reviewing the forum rules, I believe you can give us the GI item number in order for us to give you advice on a particular item.

Rich Anderson 01-10-2019 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 262430)
Your order shouldn't be hard to fill except that the straight grip reduces your choices by about 90% and a beavertail forend should prove to be nearly impossible to find on a 16 0-frame Parker.

Dean

I have a 16 0 frame straight grip with BTF. There out there just be patient. The search can be both fun and a learning experience. I found mine in an add in the back of Double Gun Journal.

Dean Romig 01-10-2019 03:01 PM

Like I said.... "nearly impossible". You found a very rare bird Rich... but you know that. :cool:

Brett Rohrscheib 01-10-2019 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Anderson (Post 262521)
I have a 16 0 frame straight grip with BTF. There out there just be patient. The search can be both fun and a learning experience. I found mine in an add in the back of Double Gun Journal.

So Rich, you found the needle in the haystack, eh?
Glad they are out there. Perhaps I'll be as fortunate as you in finding one.

Cheers,
Brett

Bill Murphy 01-11-2019 12:04 AM

I found a bunch of 16s on GI that I would buy if I needed one.

Garry L Gordon 01-12-2019 07:56 PM

Brett,

Welcome! Keep looking for the 0 frame 16 with the beavertail and straight stock. That will leave the same gun with a straight hand stock and splinter fore end for the rest of us who love that configuration. :whistle:

P.S. I'd advise buying a Parker to use while you hunt for your holy grail. You may find it's just what the doctor ordered.

Chad Hefflinger 01-12-2019 09:33 PM

Brett,
As said before keep looking but don’t turn down a chance at any nice 16. The absolute worst one I have is wonderful...

Jerry VanHorn 01-13-2019 10:00 AM

There is one on Guns International today..Doesn't give frame size though...