Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New to the Parker Forum (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6400)

Cliff Brown 02-15-2012 05:57 PM

New to the Parker Forum

Hello Everybody,
Just thought an introduction is in order. I hail from Brick, NJ, recently retired and new to the forum and Parker guns, but not to Double barrell guns in general. I own one 1917 Trojan, two LC's, and an Ithaca. Unfortunately, the Trojan has cut barrells, but it did manage to take a few pheasants last year. None of the guns are closet queens and all are used in the field. Doubles just seem to add a new dimension to the hunt. I am a member of the CJRPC in Jackson, NJ and would like to shoot some trap with these guns with someone of the same mindset. Anyway there is quite a bit of good info here and have learned much from the forums and your tech page. Hope to run into some of you some time.

Dave Suponski 02-15-2012 08:02 PM

Cliff, Let me welcome you to the PGCA website. Many of us here shoot our Parkers in fact I just shot my first straight at trap with an Parker SC a couple of weeks ago. There is much to be learned here and some fun to be had as well. Please consider joining the PGCA we offer a for sale section only visible to members as well as quarterly issues of our fine journal "Parker Pages". That alone is worth the price of a $40.00 annual membership.

LarryAngus 02-15-2012 09:57 PM

Cliff,

I joined and got a letter on my Trojan 16 guage. I am working on fixing a botched butt pad that was added by my grandfather. I almost screwed up and made further modifications, but thanks to the advice of these fine folks I retrieved my frame from the gunsmith and left it alone.

My research letter was really interesting and worth the modest expense.

Welcome!

Frank Cronin 02-15-2012 10:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Suponski (Post 62797)
Many of us here shoot our Parkers in fact I just shot my first straight at trap with an Parker SC a couple of weeks ago.

Congratulations Dave!

Dave Suponski 02-15-2012 10:22 PM

Thanks Frank! And it only took 587,631 shells to do it.........:rotf:

Dean Romig 02-15-2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave Suponski (Post 62797)
I just shot my first straight at trap with an Parker SC a couple of weeks ago.

Can we have the names and contact info of the witnesses? :corn:

Seriously Dave, Congratulations!! I've never shot a straight at any kind of clays game. I shoot fairly well through a screen of Autumn foliage but continue to try for that elusive 25 straight.

Cliff Brown 02-16-2012 09:32 PM

Thanks for the welcome and will consider joining.

Cliff Brown 02-16-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryAngus (Post 62819)
Cliff,

I joined and got a letter on my Trojan 16 guage. I am working on fixing a botched butt pad that was added by my grandfather. I almost screwed up and made further modifications, but thanks to the advice of these fine folks I retrieved my frame from the gunsmith and left it alone.

My research letter was really interesting and worth the modest expense.

Welcome!

Larry,
i dont know what could be done with my cut barrells unless I had some briley chokes installed. The other option is to work up a good load (I'm new to shotgun reloading) with my mec if that is possible.

LarryAngus 02-16-2012 10:12 PM

Cliff,

How long are the barrells? If you go to the "restoration" thread and post any questions you won't have any trouble getting advice.

Most of these guys even know what they are talking about!:)

Larry

Cliff Brown 02-16-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LarryAngus (Post 62885)
Cliff,

How long are the barrells? If you go to the "restoration" thread and post any questions you won't have any trouble getting advice.

Most of these guys even know what they are talking about!:)

Larry

Larry,
the barrells are 28". I was not aware of a "restoration" thread but will definately check it out. First order of business will be to see if the question on cut barrells was allready answered in an earlier post. Besides if i'm not carefull I might even learn something. thanks
:)