Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Ammo shortage (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=32574)

bruce willis 02-22-2021 04:03 PM

Ammo shortage

Was at our local sportsman’s warehouse looking for target shotgun Ammo. Virtually all the shelves were empty! I’ve read this is common in many states now. Wonder if other members have experienced this.

Rick Roemer 02-22-2021 04:16 PM

Oh yes. What’s worse is the employees are starting to use the ammo shelf space for other items like coolers and archery equipment.... as if it’s never coming back.

John Campbell 02-22-2021 05:04 PM

There's a good chance the shortage could last until November 2024. And if so, there's another downside:

Every round you shoot will be next to impossible to replace. Hence, elective shooting sports could well lose participation. It might even begin with the Spring SxS...

I hope I'm wrong about that.

Rich Anderson 02-22-2021 05:34 PM

I have been stocking up on rifle bullets for a while. I have plenty of shotgun shells loaded in anticipation of upcoming shoots.

legh higgins 02-22-2021 05:43 PM

hoarding ammo is the new hot investment...It will never go down in value. gold standard? HA:bigbye:

bruce willis 02-22-2021 05:54 PM

My wife and I also noticed that sportsman’s had twice as many clothing items and non hunting things. The photo of the purses hanging in the Ammo area makes sense. Upon asking the clerk about Ammo he said a few weeks ago people were waiting for hours in line just to get just 2 box limit. This is scary and sad. Shooting a trap or skeet tournament may not be possible for a long time, let alone getting speciality Ammo like Bismuth or RST. There was no reloading components also.

Rich Anderson 02-22-2021 07:21 PM

The new form of gun control. You can have all the guns you want but nothing to shoot them with. It's like having a car but no gas to put in it,

bruce willis 02-22-2021 09:17 PM

Very true exactly

Tom Flanigan 02-23-2021 08:45 AM

It's not just the shells that are in short supply, certain components such as primers and powder is hard to get also. I load all my shells so this is an issue for me. I have a years worth of shells loaded, so I'll be ok for a while. But I hope things open up relatively soon.

Dean Romig 02-23-2021 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rich Anderson (Post 326721)
The new form of gun control. You can have all the guns you want but nothing to shoot them with. It's like having a car but no gas to put in it,

Not so Rich. "Shall not be infringed." and limiting the availability of ammunition is against the wording and spirit of the second amendment. Arms were never intended to be used as clubs so any act to limit the availability of ammunition is infringement.