Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Parker Gun Tail Feathers Oct. 5 Grayling Mi. (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=27807)

Jeff Kuss 07-25-2019 11:07 PM

Parker Gun Tail Feathers Oct. 5 Grayling Mi.

On Saturday Oct. 5 the North Branch Outing Club in Grayling Michigan is featuring The Parker Gun as part of their Tail Feathers Series. The North Branch Outing Club is a National Historic Site on the Au Sable River. David McCool of McCool Outdoors LLC has invited Steve Smith of Gun Dog Magazine, Christopher Smith, a wildlife artist and Dell Whitman, a gunsmith specializing in double guns to speak that day. ( Bios to follow)
Guided fly fishing and woodcock and grouse hunting will be available for the weekend.
I believe that you will find some Parker eye candy on display. Please feel free to
bring something to display.
Please see the website www.northbranchoutingclub.com.

Dean Romig 07-26-2019 07:07 AM

Sounds like a great weekend of the kind of things we all enjoy.

Rich Anderson 07-26-2019 09:01 AM

Sounds like fun. However I'll be in the U.P. hunting so won't be able to attend. Del is a first rate smith and if you get shooting sportsman he did an article on a try gun he built. A very different approach.

Bill Murphy 07-26-2019 09:04 AM

A 73 year old sportsman could stay in their place until he is 90 by using the income or principal from his 401K without straining. Not a bad alternative to a normal retirement facility.

Rich Anderson 07-26-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bill Murphy (Post 278049)
A 73 year old sportsman could stay in their place until he is 90 by using the income or principal from his 401K without straining. Not a bad alternative to a normal retirement facility.

What's that about???

A PGCA member runs the fly shop there. I've fished the North Branch many times as we had a cottage on KP Lake just south of there. Lovells is famous for their bridge walk on either Memorial or Labor Day I don't recall. The walk is all of a 100 feet.

John Dallas 07-26-2019 02:36 PM

Dave McCool is a really good guy - dog trainer, fishing guide, and the man who founded the "Golden Bones" carp fishing on a fly in Grand Traverse Bay. Fullers is about 8 miles from my cabin,and I was there about an hour ago, showing friends what an old time lodge looks like. Many of the "old guys " (Ford, Firestone, Edison) stayed and fished there

Jeff Kuss 08-25-2019 09:42 AM

TTT

Jeff Kuss 09-27-2019 06:40 PM

Just a reminder that the Tail Feather day featuring The Parker Gun at the North Branch Outing Club is coming up next Sat. I hope to see some members come up for this event.
I will be bring up some guns to show and plan to get some hunting in. I am looking forward to the talks by Steve Smith, Del Whitman and Christopher Smith.

Jay Gardner 09-27-2019 07:21 PM

Thank you for the reminder. I’ll be there. A couple of other points of interest: the hardware store around the corner from the NBOC sells “sticky buns” - perfect mid afternoon snack; Lovells Roadside Tavern makes a pretty darn good
Cheeseburger!

John Dallas 09-27-2019 10:18 PM

There is also a great fly fishing Museum 300 yards away from Fuller's. Weather in Grayling Michigan