Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   LPSXSA Shoot - Lapeer, Michigan (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=6543)

Paul Harm 03-05-2012 11:45 AM

LPSXSA Shoot - Lapeer, Michigan

This year our shoot is on May 12th. Free dealer tables or anyone wishing to display their items. We'll again have the steak dinner that everyone seems to enjoy. :) For shooting there's skeet, trap, 5-stand, SC's, pigeon ring, and a 30 bird flurry. The pigeon ring will be moved so it doesn't interfere with 5-stand and the flurry will be shot down under the high tower. For the SC's course we'll be useing a couple of stations in the woods that no one has shot before. Hopefully I can set the course a little different to challenge everyone with a variety of birds [ hand traps for the squirrel, cripple, nesting pair, and 90 degree 60's ] :banghead: Hope to see everyone again and any new shooters. Flyers will be sent out about the end of March. Hope to see everyone and some new shooters. I can be contacted at 1-810-724-5582 or harm@blclinks.net Paul

Paul Harm 03-05-2012 04:20 PM

We are also open year around [ except the last Sunday of the month ] on Sundays-noon to 4PM, Tuesdays- noon to 9PM [ under the lights ] , and Fridays-noon to 4PM. That Sunday thing - archery shoots the last Sunday and we have shot fall problems from skeet or trap. Once spring comes and SC's is open again we can shoot that on Sundays because there isn't a shot fall problem.

Rich Anderson 03-06-2012 08:15 AM

I'm looking forward to it Paul.

charlie cleveland 03-06-2012 10:59 AM

hope yall have a good turnout and a beautiful day to shoot on... give us that can not make it a good report....good shooting fellas... charlie

Paul Harm 03-14-2012 10:22 AM

We'll be throwing in the " Duck Towers " also. There will be 4 machines - high out goer, high incomer, left to right, and right to left crosser. It's shot from a boat. We normally shoot it just before hunting season. Paul

Eric Eis 03-14-2012 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul Harm (Post 64922)
We'll be throwing in the " Duck Towers " also. There will be 4 machines - high out goer, high incomer, left to right, and right to left crosser. It's shot from a boat. We normally shoot it just before hunting season. Paul

Paul,
Is that a side game or part of the SC course? By the way hate the F..king boat.

Paul Harm 03-14-2012 03:38 PM

It's a side game. :) I got tired of guys whining :crying: who didn't want to shoot sitting down. But this year it's " Hunters Clays ". You'll have to shoot the way it was when it started - gun under the arm, say you're ready, and the puller has up to 3 seconds to throw a bird. :cool: Hope everyone will enjoy it that way. :) Paul

Fred Preston 03-14-2012 04:49 PM

And the damned thing leaks when it rains.

Eric Eis 03-14-2012 05:22 PM

Paul are you promising good weather... no sudden thunder storms etc when we are out on the course feeling like a walking lighting rod....:shock::rotf:

Rich Anderson 03-14-2012 07:16 PM

With pauls luck (and mine) it will probably snow:rolleyes:

Paaul if you put a back support on the boat seat more people would shoot sitting down, I only do one thing well sitting down....and it aint shooting:duck: