Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Trigger finish (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=22320)

Gary Bodrato 09-30-2017 05:20 PM

Trigger finish

Gentlemen,
I have recently purchased a Remington era (1939) VHE. As the single trigger selector was stuck, it is now disassembled on my bench. Before reassembly, I would like to make sure the finish on the selector switch and trigger are correct for this guns era. I have found nothing in my Parker Story volumes nor the internet addressing trigger finish. Would appreciate help on this matter, Thank You

Jean Swanson 10-01-2017 06:41 AM

Just guessing, but would say they were nickel plated---harden silver.

Maybe Edger can comment on this.

Allan

edgarspencer 10-01-2017 07:18 AM

I'm. Certainly no authority on Remington era guns, but I rather suspect all but AAH and A1S were nickel plated.

Jean Swanson 10-01-2017 11:29 AM

I just checked a few of my VH's, GH's, PH's, and a DH---I will stick with my original post of nickel plated. As Edger stated ,the higher grades at times had gold plated triggers/trigger, but not always. There were those that did not like gold on guns. As a kid, my mentor Louis C. Goland, would let me shoot his 12 bore 2" Purdey that had the word SAFTY inlaid in gold---wow, that was something !!!

Allan

Brian Dudley 10-01-2017 04:32 PM

Where is all this High grade talk coming from? The original post was asking about a V grade.

Nitre Blued.

Jean Swanson 10-02-2017 07:00 AM

Brian

I personally checked a few of my lower grade guns to see how the triggers were finished & I stated I was sticking with my original post----just through in a few words about gold in guns.

I have never seen an original V grade trigger with nitrate bluing, trigger guards--yes.
Allan

edgarspencer 10-02-2017 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian Dudley (Post 225779)
Where is all this High grade talk coming from? The original post was asking about a V grade.

Nitre Blued.

Perhaps the original post was a question about his VHE, But "..all this High grade talk..." Really, I don't think there was 'High grade talk" Excuse us if we offended you.
Quote:

Originally Posted by edgarspencer (Post 225746)
I'm. Certainly no authority on Remington era guns, but I rather suspect all but AAH and A1S were nickel plated.

I said "...all but..." that excludes them high grades.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Allan H. Swanson (Post 225811)
Brian

I personally checked a few of my lower grade guns to see how the triggers were finished & I stated I was sticking with my original post----just through in a few words about gold in guns.

I have never seen an original V grade trigger with nitrate bluing, trigger guards--yes.
Allan

Allan, perhaps you'll remember the New, Unfired VH I sold on this board a few years ago, to Josh Lowensteiner? It had zero handling, in addition to no firing, and, it had nickel plated triggers.

Brian Dudley 10-02-2017 10:06 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From a late 1920's VHE.

Attachment 57188

Eric Eis 10-02-2017 12:15 PM

Allan, I think the original post was about the selector not the finish of the triggers (which you would be right the triggers were plated and Brian is right on the selector being blued). I'm not sure what the poster is asking about. Eric

Brian Dudley 10-02-2017 02:19 PM

Maybe there are a few examples out there of low grade guns with Nickel triggers, but in my experience, every one that I have seen from Trojan up through G grade had Nitre Blued triggers as well. However, most that I have seen are DT guns.