Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   New Years Day Major Waldron's Barrington NH (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=40612)

Pete Lester 12-03-2023 05:26 PM

New Years Day Major Waldron's Barrington NH

Weather permitting I will be opening up the trap and skeet fields for PGCA members on New Years Day Monday 1/1/24. I will have the grounds open by 7:30AM and shooting can start at 9 AM. Please reply if you plan to attend and let us know if you will bringing some food to share (I look forward to the potential of some venison Billy Chili). Non-Member cost per round of skeet or trap is $6.

For those who haven't been to MWSA before the address for your GPS is:

339 Franklin Pierce Hwy
Barrington, NH 03825
United States of America

John Dunkle 12-03-2023 05:48 PM

After a few years hiatus - dang, I'll try to be there... I've got this little DHE 20 I've been itching to try... As for food? Hmmm - let's see if I can't bring along a home made sourdough bread - maple, walnut with cranberry... And - now that I've posted this - I'll show Jen, who will know I've made plans....

;)

John

Sara LeFever 12-03-2023 05:54 PM

I will be there. Likely bringing cookies of some nature…

Sara

Chris Pope 12-03-2023 06:12 PM

As a former NH guy I only wished I knew about this tradition when I lived there! I will be there in spirit!! Think it got postponed last year due to weather as I recall? I hope you have a lot of fun ringing in the new year!

allen newell 12-03-2023 06:14 PM

Weather permitting I'll be there

John Dunkle 12-03-2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Pope (Post 400067)
As a former NH guy I only wished I knew about this tradition when I lived there! I will be there in spirit!! Think it got postponed last year due to weather as I recall? I hope you have a lot of fun ringing in the new year!

Chris....

As I'm in NH - I'd be willing to shoot your Parkers for ya' if you send them up? Just a neighborly gesture, of course??!!!

Let me know - and in the meantime - I'll wait alongside the mailbox so I don't miss your shipment??

;)

John D.

Sara LeFever 12-03-2023 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Pope (Post 400067)

2022 was cancelled due to poor weather. 2023 was good; no snow and not too cold! Hoping for the same for this time around.

Dean Romig 12-03-2023 07:50 PM

This is Great news!!

Dorothy and I will be there and I'll make some venison stew with the deer I took on opening morning.

Dorothy will be unhappy though because I promised to have her grandfather's LC Smith in working order but I don't know who in New England works on them...

Daniel Carter 12-03-2023 07:54 PM

I am going to try to be there. Too many things to interfere between now and then to be certain.

Dean Romig 12-03-2023 08:06 PM

Mr. John Dunkle - will you bring your great grandfather’s unique specially ordered AAHE trap gun… please?