Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Hammer Guns (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Unknown Parker Gun (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34622)

Luke Laxton 11-01-2021 08:26 PM

Unknown Parker Gun

Hi All,

Sorry for my ignorance as I am like most and just inherited one of these awesome Parkers. I have a double barrel muzzleloading gun with the words "Scott & Son London Twist" on the flat of the barrel. This gun is from Darke County Ohio, the home of Annie Oakley, and was owned by a relative born in the mid-1800's. I do not know much more other than that and the pictures. If anyone has any input, I would greatly appreciate it. This gun is too old and frail for me to consider looking for a serial number.

I cannot get pictures to upload, so I will try later.

Thanks in advance.

Luke Laxton

Harold Lee Pickens 11-01-2021 08:58 PM

yeah, definately need pictures.

Luke Laxton 11-02-2021 06:17 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Let me know if those do not come through. Thank you for your help.

Harold Lee Pickens 11-02-2021 06:30 AM

Luke, I dont think that is a Parker Bros, but is an import, probably from Belgium. Thanks for the pictures, I'm sure others will chime in.

Luke Laxton 11-02-2021 06:59 AM

Thanks Harold. I only have the engraving of "Parker" on the stock to go off of. I look forward to more input.

Dean Romig 11-02-2021 07:25 AM

Harold is correct, that is not a Parker Bros. gun, the primary focus of our organization. Parker Bros. never made a muzzle-loader and a couple of Belgian gun manufacturers tried to capitalize on the good Parker name for their very cheap exports to the USA. There are a lot of them out there and they show up here every so often. It is usually highly advised not to attempt to fire one of these. We know you won't - you've already stated it is in poor repair.

J. Scott Hanes 11-02-2021 11:17 AM

Luke, there is a museum in Greenville, Ohio [Darke County] that has many artifacts from that area including Annie Oakley and Lowell Thomas items. It is the The Garst Museum, 205 North Broadway, Greenville, Ohio 45331.

The website: information@garstmuseum.org
Phone: 937-548-5250

I grew up in Darke County and have been to the museum numerous times.

Suggest you contact them for any possible interest they may have in the gun, should you be interested in selling. As others have said, it is not a Parker, but may have some historical value to the Garst Museum.

Michael Moffa 11-14-2021 11:33 AM

This "Parker" copy looks like a muzzle loader also. Also upon closer inspection and all that is holy do we know for certain that Parker never made a muzzle loader during the Parker-Snow civil war time frame. As an engineer/business man I would be making prototypes of everything out there and figuring which one I could make the most profit from.

Think analog versus digital phones. Motorola bet the farm on analog and almost went under to Nokia. Nokia got hammered by the Koreans in features and Apple changed the rules a few years later.

An early "Parker" muzzle loader shouldn't be out of the question if typical business practices were followed.

Bill Murphy 11-15-2021 12:32 AM

Who made the muzzle loading muskets with "Parkers Snow" stamped on the lock plate?