Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pictures as promised (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31248)

Kerilynn Viccione 09-28-2020 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Verhine (Post 312938)
I absolutely love the figure on the butt stock of the 1915 VH 12. Thanks for sharing!

Anytime :) thank you for the reply and thank you for your service.
Kerilynn

Dean Romig 09-28-2020 03:34 PM

You will be hooked and like you suspected, there is no return... it’s that much fun! And nobody expects a beginner to break even half the clays they shoot at. Heck, I’ve been shooting clays for the last few decades and I’m still only a 60% shooter.

Jay Oliver 09-28-2020 03:46 PM

Kerilynn,

It was great to see pictures of your collection and as you already found out Parkers are addictive. I am in RI as well and going to the Addieville Parker event on 10/17. Peace Dale Shooting Preserve in South Kingstown is another great sporting clay venue.

Thanks again for sharing pictures of your collection.

Jay

Daniel Carter 09-28-2020 04:11 PM

Kerilyn, clays are like potato chips, if you find you like them one is not enough. From breaking 10 % to finally getting to 90% is a great journey.
I advise you to not go to the club and listen to " those guys who know it all"but get a qualified instructor, preferably a woman, it will be money well spent and save you a lot in the long run.
The job of coach is not easy and very few can adapt to the needs of the student.
Wish you the best in your endeavor, without using the Parker gun for what was intended for you are missing a lot of it's charm.

Dean Romig 09-28-2020 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Carter (Post 312982)
I advise you to not go to the club and listen to " those guys who know it all"but get a qualified instructor, preferably a woman, it will be money well spent and save you a lot in the long run.

The offer to join the group at Addieville East Farm was made in earnest simply inviting Kerilynn to join in the fun enjoyed by a very informal group of Parker amateur shooters as a simple introduction to the fun of clays shooting. There's plenty of time to hire a coach if she finds it's something she wants to pursue.

:cheers:

Daniel Carter 09-28-2020 06:32 PM

Dean in no way was i referring to Addieville but the club she said that she belongs to may have the people i am talking about. Out of the 2 i belong to 1 has a surplus of them the other none.
The wrong habits that come from doing it on your own or with poor instruction lead to leaving it or a lifetime of correcting it.

Kerilynn Viccione 09-28-2020 07:26 PM

Hey Dean and Daniel,

No worries, I interpreted what Daniel meant as the club we belong to. I am aware of the dynamics at many clubs- which is why I don't go much, but my husband can easily find a coach for me through the gun store. From what I have heard of Addieville it did not cross my mind that anyone was referring to it when mentioning the instruction, it is highly regarded. I actually have been to South county before, which is where my son did skeet shooting. That was a fun day, too.

I appreciate the suggestions and I am excited to have a new adventure.

Thanks all!
Kerilynn

Matt Buckley 09-28-2020 09:38 PM

I loved seeing your collection of Parkers Kerilynn. The shooting sports are becoming more and more popular for woman and it is great to have you among our ranks. I have two daughters, 9 and 7, who I have target shooting with a .22 and love to spend time reloading shot gun shells with me and have shown interest in my shooting and hunting hobbies. If you spend enough time on this forum you will learn a lot of things about Parkers and other makes of guns as well.

Mike Franzen 09-28-2020 10:12 PM

I think Kerilynn can take care of herself.

todd allen 09-29-2020 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Franzen (Post 313013)
I think Kerilynn can take care of herself.

Yes. And I wouldn't assume she doesn't know how to shoot a shotgun.