Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Parker Discussions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pictures as promised (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31248)

Kerilynn Viccione 09-26-2020 11:58 AM

Pictures as promised

37 Attachment(s)
Hello All,
Some of you asked for pictures of my "collection" ( a very generous term I think :)). I quickly posted some the other night, but it was late and I'm pretty sure I mixed up some of them anyway (I think I listed my 16 ga as a 12 ga, etc). At any rate, I'm not sure if this is the place to post the pictures, so let me know if I should move this thread.

Also- please feel free to correct, add, discuss any info or pictures I post, because that is how I learn and I welcome all of it...

Now, on to the guns. As is often the case with my collection, it is ever evolving. Since last week I have sold one and was given another, so again, the pictures may not be completely aligned from the other night. There are four shown here. I will try to organize them so that the header picture tells the type of gun and the subsequent pictures go with it until the next picture with new gun labeled. There are no pictures of the newest one, but it's on the thread where I asked about the butt plate.

If there is a limit of pictures I can post, I'll just split up the thread. I also know you like to see certain parts of the gun so I tried my best. And if you're wondering which one I like best, I'll just say I like certain features of each one the best.:) Enjoy!
Kerilynn

brian burtner 09-26-2020 12:33 PM

See some pitting going on there.

Dean Romig 09-26-2020 01:12 PM

That's a good collection! I hope you shoot them often.

The pitting that Brian notes should really be addressed and repaired.

Harry Collins 09-26-2020 01:37 PM

Beautiful collection. Being picayune the floor plate screws on the 16 are in the wrong holes. Easily corrected with a proper fitting screwdriver. The 16's forend might be be saved with a good checkering. The 20's barrels should be rust blued. Doing so the barrels will be carded to remove the pitting and rust. A Silvers or Jostam recoil pad https://connecticutshotgun.co/search...ection=product would be more correct for the 12 gage than the black one it sports. All in all a very nice collection. Bravo!

Garry L Gordon 09-26-2020 09:28 PM

A very nice collection. Are you a hunter-collector? Clays shooter-collector? Both? Just curious how you might use your guns.

Harold Lee Pickens 09-26-2020 10:00 PM

Nice old VH 16 on the O frame, hunters love those because of the lighter weight. Yeah, it has a few warts, but things that can be corrected--or just keep as is and enjoy them.
The Grade 2 or GH 20 is also a nice find, those are also highly sought. Looks like it was kept in a damp place for it to rust like that. If I was going to do anything with the guns, I would have the GH 20 barrels reblued.
Three great guns, that I bet wont be your last.

Kerilynn Viccione 09-26-2020 10:09 PM

Thank you, Harold, I appreciate all of that and I hope to find many more treasures for sure...
-Kerilynn

Gary Carmichael Sr 09-27-2020 09:04 AM

Kerilynn, My first Parker was a P grade 12 ga, That was many moons ago, The Parker bug seems to have gotten to you, enjoy your collection and build on it! Gary

Kerilynn Viccione 09-27-2020 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harry Collins (Post 312791)
Beautiful collection. Being picayune the floor plate screws on the 16 are in the wrong holes. Easily corrected with a proper fitting screwdriver. The 16's forend might be be saved with a good checkering. The 20's barrels should be rust blued. Doing so the barrels will be carded to remove the pitting and rust. A Silvers or Jostam recoil pad https://connecticutshotgun.co/search...ection=product would be more correct for the 12 gage than the black one it sports. All in all a very nice collection. Bravo!

Thank you, Harry, this was a very helpful and informative reply. Lots of great info and even a link- can't ask for more than that. Thanks for sharing the knowledge!
Kerilynn

Kerilynn Viccione 09-27-2020 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garry L Gordon (Post 312835)
A very nice collection. Are you a hunter-collector? Clays shooter-collector? Both? Just curious how you might use your guns.

Hi Garry,

I really am not proficient at shooting any of the above. I know that these guns are meant to be used as intended, shall we say, but I keep them as pieces of history that for reasons unknown to me, I revere. I have had ,and come across, many historical guns, and none appeal to me the way Parkers do. Some of mine have been used continuously, some are "I found this in so-and-so's attic when he passed away" and haven't been used in decades.

I don't know why these particular guns have become such an obsession for me, but maybe someday I'll get the bug to shoot them, as well. I'm open to that :)