Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   New Member from San Antonio! (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24335)

Jonathan Delmer 05-24-2018 11:15 AM

New Member from San Antonio!

Hello from Texas!
My name is Jonathan Delmer and I am a new member. I hope to learn a lot about my Parker from this forum. Hope you all have a great summer!

Dean Romig 05-24-2018 11:19 AM

Hello Jonathan and Welcome!

I spent the first part of my 'senior trip' in 1966 in beautiful San Antonio. :usa:

You'll learn a lot of Parker things here and in Parker Pages.

Michael Meeks 05-24-2018 09:39 PM

Hi Jonathan,

San Antonio is an incredible city! I had a business trip there last summer. We stayed in a hotel right on the riverwalk. I enjoyed a couple extra days shooting skeet at the San Antonio Gun Club. What a treasure that place is! Welcome!

davidboyles 05-26-2018 12:25 PM

San Antonio member

Welcome I live in Wimberley and spend some time around San Antonio. I like to dove hunt around Pearsall and Hondo and usually do day hunts. Used to hunt with Paloma Pachanga several years ago but ownership has changed considerably over past year so have found other outfitters. I enjoy making quite a few dove trips in first half of season and into Jan. My email is dboyles@republicranches.com and PH 713 8577174. Look forward to hearing from you.

Jonathan Delmer 05-26-2018 01:17 PM

David, We know Wimberley well. My wife's grandmother had a house there for 50 years. Good friends of our own Old Glory Ranch, Suzanne and Charles McCord. Paloma Pachanga is still going strong, A friend of ours own it and I hunt there regularly. Yes, it is crowded, but lots of birds. I have a great lease in Schertz. We have 600 acres between 10 of us. kind of spoiled. Thanks for the note!

Mark Ray 05-26-2018 11:29 PM

Jonathan,

Corpus Christi here!! Glad we have another Texan in the fold! I have learned this, the further from Meriden you get, the fewer Parker nuts you find. The Lone Star Stare needs due representation!!

Welcome!

Michael Meeks 05-27-2018 09:15 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You boys are well represented here! I'm in Texas 2-3 times per year. I have colleagues and friends in Carrollton. Texas is a home away from home for me!

Michael Meeks 05-27-2018 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Ray (Post 244902)
Corpus Christi here!!

Mark,

You wouldn't happen to know a Jim Sayre, would you? He'd be in his early 70's. He is a good friend of my Dad's. They grew up together in Missouri and served in the Corps together in the sixties. Dad lost touch with Jim when he moved to Corpus Christi many years ago.

Mark Ray 05-27-2018 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Meeks (Post 244919)
Mark,

You wouldn't happen to know a Jim Sayre, would you? He'd be in his early 70's. He is a good friend of my Dad's. They grew up together in Missouri and served in the Corps together in the sixties. Dad lost touch with Jim when he moved to Corpus Christi many years ago.

Names not familiar but Corpus can be a “small town”!....ill ask around!!

Richard Flanders 05-28-2018 12:49 PM

This is definitely the place to learn about your Parker.