Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   On the Green (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30348)

Bruce Day 06-04-2020 07:37 AM

On the Green

19 Attachment(s)
Dick Dow and I have been fishing Utah and Wyoming the last week, the Green out of Fontenelle and Flaming Gorge reservoirs. We have also been fishing some of the high Uinta lakes. Beautiful country, lots of big fish, surrounded by good people.

My biggest fish has been a 23 inch brown , about five pounds but we have caught many 16 to 19 inch browns, rainbows and cut bows. A few pictures follow.

We have been practicing social distancing by not being around people and places whom we do not want to be around. There surely seem to be many of them lately.

Down to the San Juan Friday for a few more days of social distancing and trout therapy. Trout lives matter.

Dean Romig 06-04-2020 07:53 AM

Great pictures Bruce! I’m drooling... we weren’t able to make our trip to God’s Country up on the West Branch of the Penobscot for landlocks and big brookies this year because of the danged campground shutdowns in Maine. My best brookie was almost 21” and took some landlocks in the 4-6 lb. range in past years.

What model Bogdan is that Bruce?

Reggie Bishop 06-04-2020 08:01 AM

I wanna be like Bruce! Awesome pictures and that is the way to social distance!

Bruce Day 06-04-2020 08:03 AM

Places were shut down back East?

State campgrounds in Wyoming were closed for a while but much of the land is federal BLM land . Almost all the land along the middle Green out of Fontenelle is BLM and a person can camp anywhere they want or can get into and BLM ground never closed. A person can camp anywhere they chose , bring their boat , dig a pit toilet , draw water from the river , stay free for 14 days, move 20 feet and stay another 14 . Much of the land in the Unitas is Forest Service land, same thing . Some retirees or people who want to off grid do just that. I do not think looters would fare well out here.

To get here, just put your stuff in the truck and drive. Those coming from the east will be required to go through customs at the Mississippi.

I have been fishing a Bogdan Trout with 5 wt or a Hardy Perfect with 6 wt on a Gary Howells 5wt for the most part.

Dean Romig 06-04-2020 09:24 AM

You’re very fortunate to live out there in the wide open spaces.

We don’t need to check our guns at the Mississippi River check points do we?

Bruce Day 06-04-2020 09:34 AM

The check point is to make sure you have a gun. Most everybody has a truck gun . Dick had a pistol and his new Purdey truck gun. I just had the old Vietnam and wars after S&W.

Dean Romig 06-04-2020 11:42 AM

I only have one truck and one car but have lors of guns for each.

Garry L Gordon 06-04-2020 02:10 PM

Hot and humid back in Missouri, Bruce, so those clear skies look pretty good. Thanks for posting.

I assume you missed the big party at the Lake of the Ozarks last week.:)

Bill Murphy 06-04-2020 02:34 PM

I want to see pictures and hear about the Purdey truck gun. Next request, how many of those thangs do you eat on a trip like that? Not Purdeys, the trout.

Ted Hicks 06-04-2020 02:52 PM

That does look like fun! I am not that familiar with western trout fishing, what fly patterns are used? I assume both nymphs and dry flies?