Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   shooting repro. (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=16425)

Herb Hewlett 05-20-2015 08:57 AM

shooting repro.

At 75 my fingers have arthritis and I'm finding that I can't get to the second trigger fast enough if at all.
So been trying to figure out what to do,decided to try a single trigger Parker repro. Been looking for the right one and of course the right price. Well I think I found it on" gunbroker "of all places.
It's a single trigger 12ga. 26"brl,straight stock ,brlls were imp. and mod. but left brl. was opened to imp. Just right for the North Maine woods. It has been used but not abused
and the price seemed very fair.Bought it and just received it.
50% case colors, bluing all there a few minor scratches in wood finish.
It seems to fit me well and with snapcaps I can fire both brls. easily. Next is to the club for some clay birds.
Those wily grouse better watch out this fall.I can see those parker doubles pins just piling up.
Herb

Richard Flanders 05-20-2015 09:12 AM

Good for you Herb. Seems the 12ga Repros are a bit hard to find. We'll look forward to future bird reports.

Gary Laudermilch 05-20-2015 09:12 AM

Good for you! Anything to keep on going.

Scot Cardillo 05-20-2015 09:38 AM

..what a great post

Good for you Herb..give 'em hell this fall

Mike Franzen 05-20-2015 11:08 PM

Way to go Herb! Keep us posted on how you are getting along with the single trigger. I would like to see some pics of your gun too.

Mark Landskov 05-21-2015 04:28 PM

Herb, I recently bought a single triggered repro for the same reason. Neuropathy and arthritis have taken their toll on my hands and wearing gloves all the time is a necessary evil. When it is warm enough, my summer weight Gun Gloves are perfect, otherwise, I need thicker gloves, which make two trigger operation difficult. This September will be my first season with the repro, and I am looking forward to it. Cheers!

Richard Flanders 06-17-2015 01:48 PM

My favorite shooting gloves are the inexpensive leather/synthetic mechanics gloves from Home Depot. They really snug up on the fingertips and are good enough for some pretty chilly weather.

Dave Suponski 06-17-2015 02:10 PM

For cold weather shooting I like the "Palm Swell gloves. They are available on-line.

Fred Lowe 06-18-2015 09:44 PM

I hope I'll be able to make this same post at 75!
Congrats!!

Brian Dudley 06-18-2015 10:26 PM

Herb,
I think I was bidding against you on that gun. I had a deal worked out for a "buy it now" on it and right as he was telling me to send the payment, a bid was placed. Anyway... If it was the same gun, which it sounds like it is, enjoy it.