Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   General Discussions about Other Fine Doubles (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   Lefever EE Straight Gripper (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=26292)

Frank Srebro 01-20-2019 09:47 AM

Lefever EE Straight Gripper

1 Attachment(s)
Adding to the three great Syracuse Lefevers posted by Bob, Dave and Frank since yesterday, let me show an EE Grade straight gripper. 30-inch Krupp Fluid Steel tubes choked 1-Mod and Full and with twin ivories. Stock is 1-7/16 x 2-3/8 x 14-1/8" over a 3/4" leather-faced S W Silver pad. Weight 7^9. Snap on forend with the engraved metal escutcheon. Also has the trigger adjustment screws in the sideplates.

Daryl Corona 01-20-2019 09:54 AM

Oh my Frank what a lovely example of a straight grip Lefever. How much do you want for her?:whistle:

Dean Romig 01-20-2019 10:09 AM

Please correct me if I'm wrong but, I have been taught that "to a pad (or butt plate)" means 'to the end of the wood' or where the wood meets any of the various butt treatment apparatus possibilities..... but that "over a pad (or butt plate)" means 'including the (subject) butt treatment'.

I don't mean to muddy up this thread - just trying to be clear in my understanding of it.

Jay Gardner 01-20-2019 10:15 AM

LeFever always stocked their guns with gorgeous wood. Beautiful gun.

Dean Romig 01-20-2019 10:21 AM

We love our Parkers but in many innovative ways, the Lefever is superior.

Beautiful gun Frank!

Bob Jurewicz 01-20-2019 10:23 AM

Some one please tell me about the "trigger adjustment screw in the side plate".
Thank you!
Bob Jurewicz

Frank Srebro 01-20-2019 11:57 AM

Dean, I changed my post to indicate "over the pad". I have always cited LOP "to the end of the wood" or "to the pad or buttplate" but I can see where that might be confusing.

Bob, it's the screw that's located just over the triggers on each lockplate on some Lefever guns. Robert Elliott called it a "trigger adjustment screw" and just based on one gun I've had apart there's a small pin on the back side of each screw that works on an eccentric principle. The screw is very hard to get to move after all these decades and I've seen many Lefevers with the screw slot buggered up. I highly recommend it/they be left alone. Incidentally the screw thread is an oddball; I measured its major diameter and tpi but can't find my notes right now.

Brian Dudley 01-20-2019 12:15 PM

The screw changes the sear engagement as it is turned, thus adjusting the trigger pull. I am sure they came in handy at the factory when setting trigger pulls, or when the guns were newer for the owner to adjust to their liking. But today, they might as well not be there as they are almost always frozen up.

Frank Cronin 01-20-2019 12:33 PM

Really nice gun Frank. They didn't make too many of them. Straight grip Lefevers stocked with fancy wood is just plain sexy.....

Frank Srebro 01-20-2019 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a better view of that trigger adjustment screw and also a cool setter. Sorry, pic is slightly out of focus.