Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   New User Introductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Help with appraisal (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=25636)

Andrew Hicks 11-05-2018 11:38 PM

Help with appraisal

7 Attachment(s)
I recently inherited a Remington era Parker 20 gauge that has been passed down though my family I believe it is a GHE SN 241261 is there somewhere in the Utah area that specializes in Parkers that can help out or if someone on the forums can give me a rough idea on. I have included photos of the markings on the gun, let me know if there's more I should include.

Eldon Goddard 11-05-2018 11:52 PM

That is a really nice family heirloom you have there. I can't comment on the worth. What part of Utah are you in?

Andrew Hicks 11-06-2018 09:34 AM

Thank you. The more I learn about Parker the more excited I am to have it passed down to me. I am in Salt Lake City, I figure there are likely a couple of places in town that might be able to help me out I just don't know where to start looking.

Eric Eis 11-06-2018 10:26 AM

Also look on Gun Broker and Guns International and you will see guns similar to yours and their asking and selling prices. Don't just go by asking price as the selling price maybe lower.

Gerald McPherson 11-06-2018 10:51 AM

Post more close pic of the entire gun and that will help. If the rest of the gun is as good as what you are showing you have a very good one. If you are not familiar with Parkers you may be surprised. Love G grades. Gerald

Brian Dudley 11-06-2018 11:06 AM

Your gun is a GHE 20g. in pretty high original condition based on the photos that you posted. based on the little that I see, it could likely be around a 90% gun. For some General information, the current blue book value of the gun in that condition is around $14-$15,000. So, if you are inquiring for insurance purposes, that very well may do since the blue book is published and straight forward. The actual market value on the gun may very well be a lower figure than that, but it is a great gun and guns like that still bring strong money in todays market.

Andrew Hicks 11-06-2018 09:40 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Thanks everyone for the information and insights. Gerald here are some more photos. Let me know if there is something specific that I should take a photo of

Eric Eis 11-07-2018 06:16 AM

You need to shoot photos on a different background preferably a plain medium color background. The white color is acting to backlight the gun so we can't see much of the gun except a basic outline of the gun with little detail.

edgarspencer 11-07-2018 06:58 AM

High condition small bore Parkers, such as yours, are highly sought after. I recently sold a 20g GHE for around $8k, and it didn't exhibit as much case color as yours. I suspect Brian is not far off the mark. I hope you cherish and use your family heirloom. You are a very fortunate man.
It's interesting that a gun made so late in Remington production exhibits all the Remington characteristics, but has a Meriden pistol grip cap.