Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Website & Forum - Help & Assistance (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Short Barrel Parker 12 GA, GH model (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=23780)

Jason Buchanan 03-24-2018 06:50 PM

Short Barrel Parker 12 GA, GH model

I know this is a short barrel Parker but the barrel is right under 23”, is the correct length, I’m praying this is the factory length. It says special steel on the top and has injectors. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated, I bought several at a auction. Thanks!

Rick Losey 03-24-2018 07:18 PM

23" - i doubt it- but give us the serial number and we can see if it is in the book

Ejectors throw the empties out - Injectors give gas to an engine - or seasoning to a turkey

Dean Romig 03-24-2018 07:32 PM

A word of advice, something a lot of us learned the hard way (and it appears you may be learning the hard way too) is to educate yourself about Parkers in general, but more specifically about a Parker you're about to bid on. Don't buy a gun just because it's a Parker. There may be something (or several things) like cut barrels that simply destroy the value of a Parker... or any gun. In situations like this you may never get your investment back.

Brian Dudley 03-25-2018 07:11 PM

It sucks that someone cut down a Fluid steel GH. If it is cut. Chances are it is.

Bill Murphy 03-26-2018 04:48 PM

Start us out with a serial number, then try to post some pictures.

James L. Martin 03-26-2018 06:09 PM

Looked in Parker Story, no 23 inch GH listed with steel barrels. A quick look only found 3 VH with 23 inch, 2 in 12ga and 1 in 20ga.Also 1 PH in 16ga twist. So it does not look good, most likely cut. Please post serial number and photo.

Jim DiSpagno 03-26-2018 07:41 PM

Never say never when it comes to Parkers. The book has a lot of holes in it as does TPS since they were derived from the same info. I found a 24” 12 ga a couple of thousand numbers earlier than previously thought and a research letter confirmed it It was not in theserialization book or TPS

Mike Koneski 03-30-2018 04:40 PM

Sounds like a special purpose urban tactical Parker. Perfect for clearing a room of insurgents.

Russ Jackson 03-30-2018 11:55 PM

I own a PH Grade 16 Gauge on an O Frame with 22" Barrels a Fellow PGCA Member and Friend put me onto the gun a couple of years ago ,it isn't listed in The Parker Story but Letters exact through the PGCA Letter ! There is one PH Grade 16 Gauge listed in the Parker Story as having 23" Barrels ,I have often wondered if this is the gun listed but there was a mistake made when reading the information for TPS. I would suggest buying a letter ,as said Never say Never !

Mike Franzen 05-16-2018 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim DiSpagno (Post 239203)
Never say never when it comes to Parkers. The book has a lot of holes in it as does TPS since they were derived from the same info. I found a 24” 12 ga a couple of thousand numbers earlier than previously thought and a research letter confirmed it It was not in theserialization book or TPS

And I have taken a lot of birds with it. Thank you.