Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   turkey hunting (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=29803)

charlie cleveland 03-29-2020 03:23 PM

turkey hunting

yesterday i loaded up my gun and shells and chair into the side by side and took off to my bottom land a hunting turkeys...i set my decoys up i tom and 2 hens...put my chair and gun and calls under the shooting house a natural made blind of briars and hedge bushes...i set back and enjoyed my view of the sorrounding things...i called aboyut every 15 to 20 minutes....i sat there till 630 pm never heard a pip from anything...but i never cared because what a great evening i had not a care in this world for a few moments...could have been a better hunt but i cant remember when..gona be the old 8 gauge parker s turn to hunt next time i go....charlie

King Brown 03-29-2020 04:31 PM

The hunt is everything, as you say, Charlie. If you get a bird, that's a premium.

Mills Morrison 04-05-2020 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Dad got one this morning. They are out and about

Gerald McPherson 04-05-2020 07:41 PM

Yesterday I hunted from before daylight until 11am never heard anything. Got up this morning and fixed a cup of coffee and went out on the back porch. Guess what was standing in the yard. Yep a turkey.We saw each other at the same time.

charlie cleveland 04-05-2020 08:29 PM

i took the 8 ga davenport single barrel out of the safe...i then opened the game bore box of black powder shells that were given to me by someone on the forem here to kill a turkey with...this was a none opened box...these shell are almost to pretty to shoot...best looking shell i have...i loaded up the old 8 ga into the 4 wheeler then got my calls and shells and headed off on about a 2 mile trip...i would go about 1/4 of a mile and call and listen for about 15 minutes...boy was it hot must been about 85 degrees...i forgot to say it was about 2 oclock in the evening when i started this hunt..i hunted till 6 oclock but i had no luck hearing a bird..so oft to the house i went so tommorrow me and the old 8 is gona try it again... hey mills your dad got a nice one...now its harry and your turn to get a good one....be expecting to see ya lls picture soon....charlie

Mills Morrison 04-06-2020 06:43 AM

It is a frustrating sport for sure. But fun and addictive too

charlie cleveland 04-06-2020 02:05 PM

i m fixing to go and get the 4 wheeler and cut out...the 8 ga is already in the over head ravk and the shells in the pocket tray...now if i dont forget my hat and calls i m leaveing it to you guys to put me on a big tom....charlie

charlie cleveland 04-06-2020 09:15 PM

i made it back home just as the sun was going down..me and the old davenport had a nice queit evening nothing heard but things are looking up i seen a fresh set of big gobbler tracks and fresg hen track...now i guess i ll have to start going to bed eary where i can get up early to see them big toms...guess i ll take the parker 8 gauge the next trip hunting....charlie

Mills Morrison 04-07-2020 09:54 AM

Harry and I went back out Sunday and they eluded us. We will have a rematch this Saturday.

Dean Romig 04-07-2020 10:00 AM

Yep, you’ve got to be sitting out there 45 minutes before sunrise.

...and there’s still no guarantees.