Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Parker Reproductions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Reproduction Factory Screw in Chokes (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=20236)

Russ Jackson 11-27-2016 07:30 PM

Reproduction Factory Screw in Chokes

Gentlemen ,I was at a local gun show today and knowing " Not Enough " about Repros. a fella had one for sale which he said had Factory Screw in Chokes ,12 Gauge ,Chokes , Cased, Beavertail Forend and Straight Grip ! It seemed to be very nice and had stamping the seller said that proved the Chokes were Factory I don't quite recall the stamping , what was I looking at ,a Rare Gun or were these relatively common ? Thank You in advance for any info. ! Russ

Greg Baehman 11-27-2016 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
If it was a Parker Reproduction and it had factory screw-in chokes it had to have been a Sporting Clays Classic model as these were the only Repros offered with factory screw-ins. You cannot tell by looking at the choke tubes themselves to determine if they were factory Repro or not as these same Winchokes were used in other guns, too. But, you can positively identify a Parker Reproduction Sporting Clays Classic by looking at the barrel flats to see the "ISC" stamping (Internal Screw Choke). It has been reported that only 125 SCCs were built -- and some have claimed even fewer than that. In many people's minds, that qualifies as being rare.

Russ Jackson 11-27-2016 10:04 PM

Thank You Greg , Yep that was it ! I guess it was pretty rare and in very nice condition also !

Eric Eis 11-28-2016 09:18 AM

QUOTE=Russ Jackson;205900]Thank You Greg , Yep that was it ! I guess it was pretty rare and in very nice condition also ![/QUOTE]

Russ just buy it...:)

George M. Purtill 11-28-2016 11:31 AM

Yes - what Eric said.

Scot Cardillo 11-28-2016 11:38 AM

Russ this is the most versatile shotgun offered by the Skeuse crew..don't ponder this one too long if you have an opportunity to pick it up and the deal/gun appeals to you.

Good Luck!

Russ Jackson 11-28-2016 11:51 AM

I mentioned a contact # to the fella and he was very reluctant to give me one ,and we ended up parting without even a Phone # ?????? Knowing what I know now ,I probably would have bought it , it was indeed very nice ,not inexpensive but very nice and in the ball park of what the Fjestad Gun Book of values has it priced at !

Richard Skeuse 12-20-2016 04:23 PM

12 guage ISC gun

HeyFolks, I've been absent for a few days Did anyone buy the 12 ISC gun? My brother is looking for one. Thanks for the reply. Hope all have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Dean Romig 12-20-2016 05:59 PM

The very same to you and yours Richard!

Russ Jackson 12-20-2016 07:42 PM

Good Evening Richard and a Merry Christmas to You ! I am the fellow which stumbled across this gun at a local show and I just didn't have the info. I needed to convince myself all was right and the asking price wasn't exactly pocket change ! I did ask the seller for his contact info. thinking I could do a little research and he ask me if I had a business card ???? I have no idea why , I told him I wasn't in the gun business just a Parker Collector of a sorts but after he found out I wasn't in business he was reluctant to give me an e mail address or a phone # and didn't so I passed on the gun and went my way ! A very nice Gentleman to talk with but he must of figured a passer by couldn't or wouldn't be casually thinking of making this size of a purchase is all I could figure !