Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   A Southern Side Trip (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=12579)

Rich Anderson 01-30-2014 03:21 PM

A Southern Side Trip

As we prepare for (hopefully) warmer temperatures for the Southern the end of April the usual suspects invite anyone who really wants to do some shooting to join us at nearby Drakes Landing in Fuquay-Varnia, NC.

I spoke to Dan Andrews the owner of Drakes Landing today and his new (and second) 100 target sporting clays course will be open as well as the 5 stand. That gives us three courses to shoot, NO waiting and it's a great place to burn powder, and he REALLY appreciates our patronage. With the added course we could develop some friendly competition in say a small bore, hammergun etc events. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

If I can get a pretty good head count Dan is willing to provide lunch and a dinner for a nominal fee. He also said he would get shirts for us so if you want one please get me your size.

Several of us will get in Wednesday night and shoot Thursday-Saturday at Drakes. There is plenty of time to walk the tents at Deep River and participate in the Challenge. I have averaged two guns bought at the Southern for ten years and even thou I shot at Drakes a lot I still got my purchases in:eek:

Maybe some of those "other" shooters from the Fox and Smith camps will come join us. Its a great time and a greater place to shoot.

Rooms for those wishing to stay closer to the shooting are available at nearby Quality Inn for $69/night.

Craig Larter 01-30-2014 03:56 PM

Rich: I would love to join you guys Thursday, after that I will be manning the AH Fox booth. What time do you normally meet up at Drakes. Craig Larter

Rich Anderson 01-30-2014 04:09 PM

Craig glad to have you join us. I think we will meet at Drakes at 10am this will give us time for a liesurely round of clays and maybe some 5 stand and a little lunch if you would like it.

David Dwyer 01-30-2014 04:15 PM

Craig
Some us younger guys get there to shoot at 9AM. :)
David

Rich Anderson 01-30-2014 04:39 PM

David feel free to get there at 9am but they arn't open untill 10am.

David Dwyer 01-30-2014 04:44 PM

:(:(:(

Mills Morrison 01-30-2014 05:01 PM

See you all there

Rich Anderson 01-30-2014 05:03 PM

Perhaps if we get enough shooters he would consider 9am. Its worth asking. Mills looking forward to shooting with you and the Mrs.

Mills Morrison 01-30-2014 05:15 PM

Put us down for 2 T-shirts, both XL, if there is sufficient interest. You know, we need to get started earlier if possible so we don't miss the gun show Friday evening.

Rich Anderson 01-30-2014 05:20 PM

What gunshow are you referring to Mills?