Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   PGCA Member Questions & Announcements (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   2019 Parker Gun Foundation Hall of Fame Dinner and PGCA SXS activities in Sanford NC (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24202)

George M. Purtill 05-08-2018 05:12 PM

2019 Parker Gun Foundation Hall of Fame Dinner and PGCA SXS activities in Sanford NC

We have reserved our location for the HOF dinner so you can hold the date and plan ahead. It will be held at 7pm on April 27th at the Flame Steakhouse. We will be limited to 75 persons.

The Southern SXS will be held April 24 to 28 in Sanford, NC. so plan ahead. Josh will update us on room reservations as the information becomes available. Mills Morrison will update us on our LC Smith Challenge. I am sure Doc Truitt will plan some exciting extra challenges for us as he has done in the past.

I will post updates to this thread as they come along. FYI the inductees are chosen in late December and early January.

Michael Meeks 05-08-2018 07:34 PM

For those of us who are newer... is there more information on the Parker Gun Foundation Hall of Fame somewhere? What is it? Is there a physical location that can be visited? How are folks nominated, what criteria is used? Is there a place in this forum where we can see tribute to previous inductees and their accomplishments? Thanks!

Mills Morrison 05-08-2018 08:21 PM

Whoa George. You are really ahead of schedule. Good job and hope to see everyone there

Mike Franzen 05-08-2018 09:04 PM

Put me down for 2 tickets.

George M. Purtill 05-09-2018 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Meeks (Post 243328)
For those of us who are newer... is there more information on the Parker Gun Foundation Hall of Fame somewhere? What is it? Is there a physical location that can be visited? How are folks nominated, what criteria is used? Is there a place in this forum where we can see tribute to previous inductees and their accomplishments? Thanks!

Michael good questions that I am mostly unable to answer.
Bill Mullins is best able to answer the first two and last two questions.
There is no physical location but I dream of a museum someday in Meriden.

Robin Lewis 05-09-2018 09:26 AM

Parker Gun Foundation notice from Parker Pages 2014

1 Attachment(s)
If you go to the main web page and then into the Parker Pages section, about half way down is a link to it's index. A ctrl-f key board function will bring up a find box.... enter foundation in the box to find past foundation events. If you have those Parker Pages you can read about what took place.

Here is the initial (I think) announcement of the foundation to PGCA membership.

George M. Purtill 05-09-2018 09:36 AM

Robin- It would be helpful to have some text under our Awards and Recognition tab on our website.

Robin Lewis 05-09-2018 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George M. Purtill (Post 243375)
Robin- It would be helpful to have some text under our Awards and Recognition tab on our website.

:confused::confused:Each award is well defined with text?

George M. Purtill 05-09-2018 10:17 AM

Robin- I was intending to convey my position that the PGF HOF should be described under the Awards/Recognitions tab or be put on its own tab. While technically possible, PGCA members shouldn't have to do a search of PP to find out about the HOF or who has been inducted to date. That's my position.

Michael Meeks 05-09-2018 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by George M. Purtill (Post 243382)
While technically possible, PGCA members shouldn't have to do a search of PP to find out about the HOF or who has been inducted to date. That's my position.

George & Robin, thank you for answering my questions! There's so much to learn here.

I will do a search of the PP index for more information on the Parker Foundation, but my education will stop with the index. I don't have access to PP issues older than the past four years. Is it possible to obtain back issues of PP? Is there a PP digital archive somewhere? That's a tremendous chunk of knowledge that holds limited access availability.

George, I agree with you, it would be nice to have a place on the website or this forum somewhere that is dedicated to the Foundation, HOF, and inductees. Sort of a "virtual" museum/HOF. That would be a great way to pay tribute to HOFers.

If there is anything I could do to help, I'm willing.

Mike