Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Non-PGCA Shooting Events, Shows, and Conventions (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Addieville in October? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=31092)

Jay Oliver 09-10-2020 12:07 AM

What a great idea! I am in and can likely make either day work. I have a few "new" Parkers to bring :)

Chuck Bishop 09-10-2020 09:22 AM

We've settled on Saturday October 17th at Addieville. We'll set up a time to meet later on. What about Frank, Scott, and Pete? I know it's hunting season.

Dean Romig 09-10-2020 09:57 AM

Have a great time guys!!

I'll miss visiting with you all.

scott kittredge 09-10-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chuck Bishop (Post 311701)
We've settled on Saturday October 17th at Addieville. We'll set up a time to meet later on. What about Frank, Scott, and Pete? I know it's hunting season.

I cant make it, i have crow, duck, goose, and phez to hunt. Thanks for thinking of us. You guys ha a great time !
Scott

Daniel Carter 09-10-2020 04:02 PM

The 17th the leaves will be mostly down in the Maine grouse woods and there is only 1 October. Wish it were otherwise, any chance to listen to Edgar should not be passed up but only this one thing takes precedent. Wanted to meet Chuck and thank him in person for 2 great favors he has done for me, maybe next time.

edgarspencer 09-10-2020 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dean Romig (Post 311709)
Have a great time guys!! I'll miss visiting with you all.

Hmmm. How many days can you hunt in Vermont in a year. Oh, I know.

I wonder how many days Chuck, Our MOST Valuable Research Director comes all the way up to New England to Shoot? Oh, yeah................

Don't fall and break your gun again.

Dean Romig 09-10-2020 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by edgarspencer (Post 311733)
Hmmm. How many days can you hunt in Vermont in a year. Oh, I know.

I wonder how many days Chuck, Our MOST Valuable Research Director comes all the way up to New England to Shoot? Oh, yeah................

Don't fall and break your gun again.

You don’t get it Edgar... several people, including my grandson Cam and a couple of granddaughters as well as my brother in law Jamie, depend on me being at grouse camp ON WEEKENDS. They don’t have weekdays off like we retired folks. I can shoot at Addieville any day of the week in October EXCEPT WEEKEENDS.

I’ll be in Vermont mentoring my grandkids on weekends this year and hopefully for as many other Octobers as possible. Time is running out fast for some of us old-timers.... or haven’t you looked in the mirror lately, if your knees and hips and lower back will allow you to get up and walk to a mirror???

Sorry Chuck - I hold you in very high regard and truly value our friendship (and Edgar’s too) and I hope you won’t hold it against me for being absent.

edgarspencer 09-10-2020 04:58 PM

Bring them to Addieville. You did before.

Dean Romig 09-10-2020 05:29 PM

Hmmmm... not a bad idea except that if it rains in Rhode Island then the shoot will be called off.
If it rains (or snows) in the NEK then we’ll be out hunting.

But thank you for that good suggestion.

edgarspencer 09-10-2020 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Carter (Post 311730)
The 17th the leaves will be mostly down in the Maine grouse woods and there is only 1 October. Wish it were otherwise, any chance to listen to Edgar should not be passed up but only this one thing takes precedent. Wanted to meet Chuck and thank him in person for 2 great favors he has done for me, maybe next time.

I know what you’re saying Dan. I’m going up around the 8th but will come back for Addieville, then go back North. Chuckles is a good guy and has hosted us at shoots, and as Dean points out, none of us, including Chuck are exempt from getting old.