Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Foto Fridays (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   COVID-19 TESTING (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=30882)

George Davis 08-10-2020 05:29 PM

COVID-19 TESTING

This makes sense to me. I can't believe I had not thought of it myself. It is not even necessary to drive to a testing site.

A new and easy test for the horror of Covid 19 is doing the rounds and it's simple, quick and positive (or negative if you see what I mean).
Take a glass and pour a decent dram of your favorite whisky into it; then see if you can smell it. If you can, then you are halfway there.
Then drink it. If you can taste it then it is reasonable to assume you are currently free of the virus because the loss of the sense of smell and taste is a common symptom.
I tested myself 7 times last night and was virus free every time thank goodness.
I will have to test myself again today because I have developed a throbbing headache which can also be one of the symptoms.

I'll report my results later.

PS: SHOULD HAVE KNOWN THE IRISH WOULD SOLVE THE COV-19 TESTING PROBLEM

Jay Gardner 08-10-2020 05:32 PM

And much more enjoyable than having someone lean in your car window and tickle your brain with a cotton swab. Gawd, it was unpleasant. Eyes were watering for a half hour.

Mills Morrison 08-10-2020 07:17 PM

I'm trying to sign up for a vaccine study. If you can't beat em, join em. Get paid to have it rather than pay to get over it

Phil Yearout 08-10-2020 08:35 PM

Gonna test myself right now!

Mills Morrison 08-11-2020 10:00 AM

Talked to the sweet lady with the vaccine people Friday and passed pre-screening! They say $200 to $4500 with most getting $1500. Its gun auction season, so I need a gun room stimulus check

Daryl Corona 08-11-2020 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 309307)
Talked to the sweet lady with the vaccine people Friday and passed pre-screening! They say $200 to $4500 with most getting $1500. Its gun auction season, so I need a gun room stimulus check

Mills, I never saw you as a guinea pig. Driving through PA last week there were signs for personal injury lawyers every half mile. Be careful on those drug trials my friend.

I actually s-s-s-started my t-t-t-thirds day of home t-t-t-t-testing and so far I feel just woonderful. Tanks for the idea Georgie. Now....where did I p-p-put my spiderman mask?:shock:

Zacharysmith 08-12-2020 12:03 AM

Just saw in the news my employer will be supplying us, (The government) 100 million doses of the Moderna vaccine. Going to be busy for a bit I guess here in NH.

Mark Ray 08-12-2020 10:40 PM

Testing now!!

Dean Romig 08-13-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zacharysmith (Post 309382)
Just saw in the news my employer will be supplying us, (The government) 100 million doses of the Moderna vaccine. Going to be busy for a bit I guess here in NH.

Who is your company? My daughter is a scientist with Pfizer a mile down the street from me.

Zacharysmith 08-15-2020 11:58 PM

Dean, Lonza Biologics