Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums

Parker Gun Collectors Association Forums (https://parkerguns.org/forums/index.php)
-   Hunting with Parkers (https://parkerguns.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Ok I got ask, who hunts in Maine? (https://parkerguns.org/forums/showthread.php?t=24964)

Rick Riddell 08-18-2018 11:11 AM

Ok I got ask, who hunts in Maine?

Alright who's coming to Maine to hunt? If you are, where ya going cause ya can't there from here! No seriously though anyone hunting Maine this year?

Michael Meeks 08-18-2018 11:50 AM

I've been hunting in the Ross Lake area for several years. I haven't made plans for Maine yet this year. I was contemplating trying the Grand Lake Stream area for a change.

Mills Morrison 08-18-2018 12:00 PM

I wish. Maine is a beautiful state. Fishing on the Penobscot is great too

Rick Riddell 08-18-2018 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Meeks (Post 250963)
I've been hunting in the Ross Lake area for several years. I haven't made plans for Maine yet this year. I was contemplating trying the Grand Lake Stream area for a change.

There are a lot woods up that way, GLS is about an hour from me, I have never ventured up that way for birds.

Dean Romig 08-18-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mills Morrison (Post 250965)
I wish. Maine is a beautiful state. Fishing on the Penobscot is great too

I hope you mean the West Branch Mills.

edgarspencer 08-18-2018 04:49 PM

By ‘Hunt’, do you mean long walks in the woods with my favorite 20? Then yes, I shall, once again. Somewhere north of Greenville, if my feet, and the Good Lord are willing.

Daniel Carter 08-18-2018 05:22 PM

I have hunted the Franklin county area for 32 years and will continue as long as the legs and my sons and grandchildren put up with me. Not going to be any more specific on location, old grouse and woodcock hunter you know, not that you were asking. Sad to say it hasn't been getting back to what it was years back, west nile maybe? Even the young legs can't find the birds of even 10 years ago.

Rick Riddell 08-18-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel Carter (Post 251010)
I have hunted the Franklin county area for 32 years and will continue as long as the legs and my sons and grandchildren put up with me. Not going to be any more specific on location, old grouse and woodcock hunter you know, not that you were asking. Sad to say it hasn't been getting back to what it was years back, west nile maybe? Even the young legs can't find the birds of even 10 years ago.

Cold wet springs and an increase in ancipitor populations put a hurting the past couple of years. There are still small pockets Downeast where you can get your limit in a days hunt if you choose.

allen newell 08-18-2018 07:21 PM

Rick, im planning on bird hunting in maine this yr with my setter